CrowdSupport®
nortonuser
Level 2: Rookie

Keeping existing Adsl plan M and shifting to NBN

Answered

Can i keep my existing plan and move to NBN ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Keeping existing Adsl plan M and shifting to NBN

Hi there,

Sadly no.. I'd be more concerned battling with Telstra/bigpond getting the old adsl service discontinued as the nbn connection as for some reason it's a hit and miss affair.. 

Cheers,
Dave

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

Hi there,

Sadly no.. I'd be more concerned battling with Telstra/bigpond getting the old adsl service discontinued as the nbn connection as for some reason it's a hit and miss affair.. 

Cheers,
Dave

nortonuser
Level 2: Rookie

If I do decide to make the shift to the FTTN that will be available to myself I intend to sit on the fence until I see how many of the 384 ports in the node shall be used simultaneously and the congestion caused as I am currently getting 12 Mbps which  could get reduced to 2.6 Mbps if all ports are being used simultaneously.

My folks got lucky (besides the 24 month contract con) as there was a stable speed increase once the change o er the VDSL. Honestly they can't see the fuss as they'd be lucky to use 5 GB per month and sadly there's no pension plans that can accommodate.

Cheers,
Dave

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now