CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Lynette5592
Level 1: Cadet

Live chat

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to live chat as it keeps saying connection unavailable but connection is fine only live chat won't connect

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Live chat

Hi Lynette5592

I'm sorry to hear Live Chat isn't working for you. 

In these situations we're recommend clearing your browser's cache, trying a different browser, or a different device to attempt to access the service. 

If it's still unavailable to you, we also have support available over the phone on 8am to 9pm (daily) who'll be more than happy to assist you with your Telstra accounts/ services

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Lev01
Level 2: Rookie

Hi Steph,

I have the same problem width accessing Live Chat through the 24x7 App on iPhone 7. It says the connection is not available? I know there are other ways to contact, but is someone looking at this problem to get it functioning?

Regards
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Lev01, 

The app will direct you to your default browser, it's not accessing Live Chat from within the app itself. 

Have you been able to try another browser from the handset? Can use this link:  http://tel.st/hsc3 to connect to Live Chat. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Lev01

Hi Ivan,

Thanks, the link works but same problem. When you select a service i.e bundle internet it then says "connection not available"
The same as if directed from the app.

Regards

Lev01

Hi Ivan,

Sorry, tried Chrome last night and it seems worse than Safari (won't even bring up the menu of services that you want to chat about) tried Firefox now and it worked OK

Regards
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update Lev01, strange that Chrome and Safari are having that type of issue. We have tried those on a mobile and all seems ok. 

Let us know if you have a similar issue with any other devices or on desktop. 

Lev01

Hi Ivan,

Looks like it may be the IPhone 7 (mine is the Plus), my wife's 6S works fine, I found that Chrome has a "request desktop site" and if I go through that , it's OK

Weird?

I have tried resetting the phone, re installing the 24/7 App, all no effect

Getting into tech land now

Running IOS 10.3.1

Regards
Support Team
Support Team

Cheers for the update Lev01. 

Yes quite strange, so it seems to be very specific. 

You don't need the 24x7 app to reach Live Chat, it just helps to launch the link for you. 

So if you try this link here:  http://tel.st/hsc3 does that work? 
If so, there might be something happening when the app pushes you to your browser, specifically when on an iPhone 7.....which is very odd. 

Lev01

Hi Ivan,

No good. The link takes to the landing page and when I select a product i.e. Internet Bundle, the next window says "connection unavailable"

Exactly the same as when redirected through the 24x7 app

Regards
Support Team
Support Team

All right - I've tried the link myself using an Andoid handset and have been able to get through to a consultant. If you can advise of the version number of your operating system and the browser you're using I can send it through to the teams who can investigate further. In the meantime, our consultants via 13 22 00 can assist with any account questions or problems.

Lev01

It's all above........

iPhone 7 Plus
IOS 10.3.1
Safari is the default browser (with Google set as the search engine)

Regards
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for these details Lev. I'll pass this on to our app development team to check for reports and a possible update. We haven't had others posting about this but it's something we can check on. 

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now