CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Fakestamp
Level 4: Private Eye

MMS charges in unbilled calls on on unlimited plan

Answered

Hello,

I am sending this as calling billing is a complete waste of time.

I am on the $130 unlimited plan - unlimited calls, text and MMS

I can see my usage online before bills are created. It tracks my usage and what I am being billed.

In the call and text section it has a number of calls and they have all been billed at $0.00

However I have 39 MMS calls that have been charged at .50c each.

Why are just the MMS showing charges, especially when I am on an unlimited plan.

The MMS are to Australian mobiles.

Anyone can help would be great, I have been hung up twice by Telstra staff - which I am currently in the process of lodging a complaint about

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: MMS charges in unbilled calls on on unlimited plan

Hi Fakestamp,

Are the charges you are seeing in My Account prior to the generation of your bill appearing on the subsequent statement?

If you're being charged for services that should not be included on your plan we can happily investigate that for you. Otherwise I'll be happy to pass along your feedback about the way charges appear online.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 22: Superhuman

I can see my usage online before bills are created. It tracks my usage and what I am being billed.

In the call and text section it has a number of calls and they have all been billed at $0.00

However I have 39 MMS calls that have been charged at .50c each.

Why are just the MMS showing charges, especially when I am on an unlimited plan.

As long as those ’charges’ do not end up adding to the balance you owe, when a bill is generated upon conclusion of the bill period, then everything still is in accordance with the terms of the mobile service agreement. Is this your first bill period, or have you received a bill for this plan previously? If you have a previously issued bill, and you've sent MMS messages during the previous bill period it covers, then simply check that you're not paying more than $130 for the service (excluding any net MRO handset repayment amount – but there is most likely none – or content/app purchases, Credit Me2U to pre-paid services, etc.)

If you don't like how unbilled usage is presented, please feel free to make a suggestion, but you've most certainly not been wronged or shortchanged just because the MMS messages are not showing as being zero-billed in your unbilled usage.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hi Fakestamp,

Are the charges you are seeing in My Account prior to the generation of your bill appearing on the subsequent statement?

If you're being charged for services that should not be included on your plan we can happily investigate that for you. Otherwise I'll be happy to pass along your feedback about the way charges appear online.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Fakestamp
Level 4: Private Eye

Hi ,

Have got an answer, which is what I thought it was and all is ok.

The charges get billed then credited in the mobile section of the bill. MMS are charges that appear and get credited on the bills whilst all other types of charges (calls, text) are billed as $0.00 and are not listed on the bill.

What I didnt understand was if unlimited plan, why was only one type of call showing charges but all others didnt - seems MMS are 'special' and get their own entries on the bill.

To get that answer I called 5 times, got hung up on three times, had to speak to a superviser and lodge a complaint (about being hung up on)

To save myself some aggravation when dealing with customer service I guess I should probably ask my question here first - in the end, as I thought, it wasnt a major thing, but sometimes its like pulling a tooth trying to get an aswer to a simple question !!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now