Yiffington
Level 2: Rookie

Maybe dont stop sending paper bills?

Answered
So I recently got a nice phone call from telstra threatening to cut off my service. But in the folder I keep all my Bill's... there was no bill from telstra. After insulting and blaming my local post office for turning my mail around I looked in my emails and saw a lovely email saying that as of October I would no longer receive paper Bill's. Now I dont care WHO you are. If a service originally offers paper bills when you sign a contract then for that fullduration paper bills should be offered! I didnt unsubscribe from paper bills you lot just decided it for me. And you can bet your sweet ass once this contract is up I'm taking my 200 dollar a month plan and going to someone else. Call me in the middle of work and threaten me why dont you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Maybe dont stop sending paper bills?

@Yiffington Paper billing is still offered by Telstra, but as per T&C's can occur at least a $2 fee on some plans.

You can re-request paper billing from here!

I'm not a plan expert, but if your current contract plan did include free paper bills then I think Telstra would still be obliged to offer you that?

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES
Accepted Solution

@Yiffington Paper billing is still offered by Telstra, but as per T&C's can occur at least a $2 fee on some plans.

You can re-request paper billing from here!

I'm not a plan expert, but if your current contract plan did include free paper bills then I think Telstra would still be obliged to offer you that?

Level 21: Augmented

AFAIK, there was a fee for paper bills for several years now...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

@ForensicsGuru wrote:
AFAIK, there was a fee for paper bills for several years now...

@ForensicsGuru Yep, your right. I'm just not sure what customers have negotiated outside of the normal T&C's.

Support Team
Support Team

Hey Yiffington, thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear of this call, and that your bill was not sent the way it usually is. To have this put back to paper bill come through our secure chat line here  http://tel.st/zdge9 and we will ensure this is done for you.

Thank you.
- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Yiffington

Thanks for the reply but it's still not good enough. I made no attempt to change how I received my bill and it's only after a phone call that I noticed this. They should not be able to change my preference like that without my permission!
Yiffington

Oh and even better now they have done the same to my father... why the hell have telstra decided to change our preference without our consent
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

You don't happen to have any authorities on your accounts, do you? If so and they use My Account online, it will prompt them to ask if they want to change it from paper to email billing to avoid the fee, so if you do have someone with authority and they do get that alert, if they don't realise and click yes that could result in it being changed.

I just know that I get the alert for a family members account that I am auth on and if I didn't realise I could have clicked yes and she wouldn't end up getting her paper bill.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more