CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
JustAsking1
Level 1: Cadet

Misleading or Deceptive conduct.????

I just noticed I'm being charged $5 a month "Accessory Repayment Option". I was mislead by the salesperson that the cover, screen cover and car charger were free - made it sound like it was a nice gesture by Telstra for buying a phone from them. Seems like I was duped like many others. At the time of purchasing the phone I actually said to the salesperson I didn't need anything except a cover and he said "you may as well pick some items out up to the value of $x as it was free". This is a very misleading practice and Telstra should be upfront and should not say it's free - as I was told. Telstra should be had up for this sort of conduct.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Misleading or Deceptive conduct.????

HI @JustAsking1

Have you raised this directly with the store manager at all? It's definitely not acceptable if you were not aware of this added charge. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Skwarli
Level 2: Rookie

I have just come from the fone zone shop where my friends were also told, after signing new contracts that they had no idea what they were signing for, to go help yourself to the accessory wall. My friend asked 'IS IT FREE???' was told the sales girl.'Yes its part of the package that youre on' Again she asked 'So this is all free? It doesnt sound right' and again she was told that its fine its part of the deal. First bill Accessory Repayment Option $15/m for 24 months. The lady I just spoke to in the store told us that at the end of the day, they signed the contract & no staff member is allowed to say the word 'free' & that it is correct that it is part of her package. How down right sneaky. I have told her to take her complaint as far as it can go. Unacceptable! Not to mention the tempered glass screen was $50!!! I pulled my phone out & asked the girl if it is the same as mine, she said yes it is...I got mine a year ago online for $3.75. Just a bit of a mark up there
Support Team
Support Team

Hello Skwarli

Did you address this with the Store Manger of the Phone Zone Shop?.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Skwarli
Level 2: Rookie

No the girl that was serving us did go out the back to speak to the manager a couple of times and ask questions but no sign of the manager.
Support Team
Support Team

You mentioned raising a complaint, do you have your SR reference number available?

-Chris

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now