Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Modem Fee

Answered

Hi

Was wondering if someone could confirm something for me.

My girlfriend is on a non-contract cable connection and is currently able to get NBN. So we are looking cancelling her cable connection but was told that there is a fee for the modem. Im not really familiar with all this so was a little unsure why there would be a fee when the modem would need to sent back anyways.

Does this sound correct?

Cheers

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Modem Fee

YThe modem does not have to be returned. The modem cost $216 and is paid of at $9 per month which is included in the monthly fee over a 24 month period. If don’t stay connected for the full 24 months the remaining cost of modem must be paid off. Click on the Smart Modem link in the page below for details. The cost off modem is also described in the critical information link.

https://www.telstra.com.au/internet?tc=G%7CS%7CD%7CTP%7CTNBN%7CSitelink%7CNBNPlans&sacid=71700000020...Smiley Very Happy

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

YThe modem does not have to be returned. The modem cost $216 and is paid of at $9 per month which is included in the monthly fee over a 24 month period. If don’t stay connected for the full 24 months the remaining cost of modem must be paid off. Click on the Smart Modem link in the page below for details. The cost off modem is also described in the critical information link.

https://www.telstra.com.au/internet?tc=G%7CS%7CD%7CTP%7CTNBN%7CSitelink%7CNBNPlans&sacid=71700000020...Smiley Very Happy

Level 20: Director

Ah ok. Thank you for that.

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now