CrowdSupport®
stephenmartin
Level 1: Cadet

Moving to NBN

Answered

I currently have a mobile service with Telstra.

If I add/move to Telstra NBN will I need a new account number (if it can be bundled)?

Will I need to change direct debit arrangements?

How can Telstra help with movement of current emails (another supplier)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Moving to NBN

If your mobile is post paid a new bundle can be added to your existing account, so you will retain the same account number.

It will depend on your direct debit setup, if you have it set to pay bill in full, that would continue just at the new bill amount. If it is a set amount then that would continue unless you adjust it to the new amount but additional payments may be required if you don’t change it to ensure you don’t end up overdue.

Email is the hard one. Many providers will offer either retention or redirection services, but it can’t be done by a new provider on their end.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Moving to NBN

If your mobile is post paid a new bundle can be added to your existing account, so you will retain the same account number.

It will depend on your direct debit setup, if you have it set to pay bill in full, that would continue just at the new bill amount. If it is a set amount then that would continue unless you adjust it to the new amount but additional payments may be required if you don’t change it to ensure you don’t end up overdue.

Email is the hard one. Many providers will offer either retention or redirection services, but it can’t be done by a new provider on their end.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now