CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
rishi108_au
Level 3: Gumshoe

Multiple accounts

Answered

I originally signed up with Telstra Mobile on a post paid plan, and have been using Telstra My Account to manage that mobile phone with the associated login (and @telstra.com email)

I recently signed up, and started using for Naked Cable, and received the BigPond user ID (@bigpond.com), and now both account services are linked when I sign into My Account.

Questions:

1. Is it normal to be able to log into My Account with the both the @telstra ID and @bigpond.com ID?

2. Through My Account, I can access webmail for the @telstra.com ID, but receive errors when trying to access the @bigpond.com webmail. Error message states:

Technical Failure

An error has occurred while trying to provide the page you requested. This may be due to a problem with your browser or may be as a result of a current system outage. You can check for outages using the Service Status page. If there are no outages reported on the Service Status page you may be able to fix the problem by closing all of your browser windows and reopening them.

3. How do I synchronise both passwords to be the same? (I get messages stating I need to change my "Internet" account password following attempts to change either of the two ID passwords via My Account).

4. When I try to log into My Bigpond with the @bigpond.com ID (so I can access for BigPond Movies and BigPond TV via LG Smart TV), I get the following error:

My services

We are working on activating your BigPond service. You can check the progress of your order by visiting our onlineOrder Tracker.

Some of your online account functions are not available until your service is activated.

Confused much?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rishi108_au
Accepted Solution

Re: Multiple accounts

Had a talk to tech. support via online chat. Turns out my BigPond order was not completed since three weeks ago. Issue resolved with manual order completion.

WebMail was provisioned to Outlook Live, and My BigPond is now active.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team

1. As far as I know you can have multiple login credentials attached to the same My Account login, so yes this is possible.

2. I'm not sure about this error, when you login to BigPond webmail directly (via https://signon.bigpond.com/login?site=chw&goto=http%3A%2F%2Fmessaging.bigpond.com%2F%3Fref%3DNet-Hea... ) does it take you through to the outlook.com page, or are you still on our old email service?

3. You can change your bigpond.com password, but if you are using an ADSL or Mobile Broadband service you then need to make sure you update the password stored in your modem to the new one you choose.

4. It sounds like your service is hitting a snag when trying to register for BigPond Movies, I would recommend giving our Technical Support Team a call on 133933 about that.

I hope all this helps =)

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

rishi108_au

Thanks Dylan,

On point 2 - when I log into BigPond email, I get redirected to http://basic.messaging.bigpond.com/basic/inbox.do with the error listed in my original post

On point 3, I could not find a password entry area anywhere on the modem (http://192.168.0.1 - NetGear Wireless Cable GatewayCG3100D-2)

On point 4, will do. Looks like its related to http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Broadband/CCP0028/m-p/184997#M11542 given my connection was manually registered.

rishi108_au
Accepted Solution

Had a talk to tech. support via online chat. Turns out my BigPond order was not completed since three weeks ago. Issue resolved with manual order completion.

WebMail was provisioned to Outlook Live, and My BigPond is now active.

JMD1234
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Dylan or other Moderator,

I had a Telstra account for my post-paid mobile which I cancelled in 2013. In 2014 I purhased the home broadband service.

My problem is that when I log into my account online (they all use the same hotmail address, although telstra likes to invent new email addresses, which I never use) I sometimes access my 2013 account, my 2014 account, or even an account I had in 2008.

I've no time for or interest in a complicated technical solution, or a half day to spend on the phone to Telstra. All I want is for the other accounts to be deleted and for easy access to my current service.

JD

Support Team
Support Team

Hi JMD1234.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

We need to go through your account services to establish where the error lies. If you could contact us via a secure connection such as phone 132200 or via our secure live chat service  we can sort this out http://tel.st/hsc3

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now