SecondPhantom
Level 1: Cadet

My Account stuck under another account

Answered
This is been an ongoing issue for years and I’m getting quite frustrated over it. My account is stuck under my mother’s account somehow, which results in me being able to see her details and my own. If I try to change my billing address, it will automatically redirect the page to changing the other account’s details. I cannot change my own details unless I call Telstra and get them to change it. I want my name off my mother’s account and I want my account to be freed. There are some issues however:

- Due to family problems, I am not on speaking terms with my parents
- I have asked for my name to be taken off their account before but they have refused
- One of my email addresses is somehow tied to their account from what I’ve been told, so now that complicates things more

Here’s what I have tried over and over:

- Gone to 24x7 chat and asked them to take my name of the other account, only to be told I have no authority
- Gone into a Telstra store numerous times, only to be told that I cannot remove my own name
- Told by a Telstra employee to use the bigpond email my account was given. Supposedly the other account was supposed to disappear from the Telstra 24x7 app, but it hasn’t at all and it’s been over a month since I logged into it.

Is there any way I can get my own name removed from someone else’s account so that I can set my own account free? My family are trying to keep me under their control even though I am living apart from them. It’s driving me crazy and I cannot take it anymore. Can someone please help me?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: My Account stuck under another account

It sounds like your account is actually owned by your mother.

The only way to separate them would be to fill out a change of ownership form. This would require your mother to sign it.

Your only other option would be to take out a new contract/service under your own name on a separate bill. This would mean losing your existing number.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

It sounds like your account is actually owned by your mother.

The only way to separate them would be to fill out a change of ownership form. This would require your mother to sign it.

Your only other option would be to take out a new contract/service under your own name on a separate bill. This would mean losing your existing number.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Your best bet to avoid a messy rectification is to talk to the very excellent Disconnections team. As it involves a technical disconnection Im sure they'll assist. If you ring AEST 9am to 9pm your call should be dealt with in Adelaide.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
SecondPhantom
Level 1: Cadet

I was hoping it wouldn’t come to that. Thanks for the reply however. I’ll go get my service disconnected and get a new one started up

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now