CrowdSupport®
Xavwells
Level 1: Cadet

My account

Hi, I'm currently out of country with work atm and I have ordered a new phone and account online to be posted to my home address but I won't be there to activate it or anything for another 40 days. Will this effect anything? And when does the billing start? As soon as I activate it or when it delivered?
Regarda

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: My account

Hey Xavwells,

There may be an issue with the package being received if you ate not there to sign for it. It would go to the nearest Post Office for collection, but again would require your signature for this to be received. As such if not collected within 14 days from the Post Office then it will be returned to our Warehouse and the order cancelled. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Xavwells

Thanks for the reply mate.
I have a house mate who will receive it for me so that isn't an issue. Do I have a certain date I have to activate it by? And does billing start then or does it start as of the other day when I ordered it?
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Typically for recontracts it is usually day of delivery or within 24 hours that it will complete. For a new service I believe it automatically completes after a couple weeks of delivery for memory but I am not 100% on that one as it has been a while. I believe orders with a number being ported are the exception to that rule again from memory.

With the delivery though, it is validated by the ID as phones are sent as an ‘Airlock’ parcel and it is meant to be confimed on delivery that the ID matches the one used for the order, so that may cause you some issue if it had your ID and the delivery person checks.

Billing will start from the order being completed. That will depend a bit as above. The billing account date would likely end up different because of delivery and activation days, so just a heads up your first bill might be a little more unusual as you will end up with a part month as well as a full month in advance.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Xavwells

Thanks mate cheers for the help, I appreciate it

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now