CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
harro
Level 2: Rookie

Next G Cap Plan and surcharge for 1800 numbers

Answered

Hi all,

I have a few questions, so here goes:

1. Can anyone point me to the terms & conditions of the old "Next G Cap Plans".  I can only find the newer Freedom Connect Plans after an extensive search.

2. I just added a second iPhone to my account and purchased it via the 1800 IPHONE number.  On my most recent bill I was charged a "Service Call Surcharge" which turns out to be an additional charge for calling 1800 numbers (which is why I want to find the T&C's).  So I have been charged for calling Telstra themselves!  Also, because they seemed to be having system issues on the day the process was pretty slow, so the call was a longer call than it should have been... costing me money!  Does that seem fair to anyone else?  Even though I don't like it, I can understand that if I call a 1800 number that ends up costing Telstra money that I should have to pay a surcharge... but surely not for calling Telstra!

3. Is there any way to change my "Account Address" other than the recommended way of calling the 13 number that, under my plan, I may be charged for (which, again, I can't confirm because I can't find the T&C's for my account)?

Thanks for any help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Next G Cap Plan and surcharge for 1800 numbers

@harro wrote:

Thanks Steph.

In regard to points 1 and 2 of your reply, is there anywhere online that I can find out what is and isn't included in my Next G Cap Plan?  The document you linked to does not seem to mention specific plans and inclusions, just that 1800 calls attract a charge.

Secondly, I'm still interested to know whether you think it's fair to charge customers for calls to Telstra from a Telstra phone?

Thanks,

Marc.

I've had a read of the infomation available, and put simply, as there are millions of calls a year to our main customer service numbers, we made the decision to include these at no charge. Telstra utlisies alot of internal and external contact points, and its my opinion that we are trying to encourage customers to use our standard numbers.

Information on your specific plan and inclusions/exclusions can be found at http://www.telstra.com.au/my-offer-summaries/mobile/

Numbers included are:

132200 - General Enquries/Sales/Billing for our Consumer Customers

132203 - Faults for our Consumer and Small Business Customers

13POND - Bigpond Enquires for Consumer and Small Business Customers

133933 - Bigpond Technical Support

125111 - Mobiles Customer Support (Sales/Billing/Techincal Support)

1258880 - Pre-Paid Customer Service

1258888 - Pre-Paid Self Service

1258887 - Pre-Paid Activation

132000  - Small Business Sales/Billing/General Enquires

132999 - Small Business Techincal Support 

Edit: Removed dodgy Table that didn't go in correctly 

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hey Harro

With regards to the view on My Account, I'd be happy to get that updated for you. 

Just send me a Private Message (To send a PM click my name, and you will go to my Profile, then in the box on the right it says "Send this user a private message" just click there and then fill in the details) with your email address, and I will get in contact with you to get this done :-)

Steph 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Harro, 

Happy to give you a hand with these :-) 

1. We have one set of Terms and Conditions that govern the charges for 1800 numbers for all consumer Mobile Phone plans, and they can be found here: http://www.telstra.com.au/customer-terms/home-family/telstra-mobile/other-call-types/index.htm

2. 1800 numbers do attract a Service call charge when called from Mobile Phone Services.  Under the NextG plans, these calls aren't included in the cap allowance, however in the newer Freedom Connect plans, 1800 calls are an included call in your allowance. 

To call Telstra without a charge, using your Telstra Mobile Phone (pre-paid or post-paid) or Telstra Fixed Line Service, you simply need to call one of these numbers: 

13 22 00 - For all Telstra and BigPond enquiries

13 22 03 - For Faults

13 39 33 -  For BigPond Technical Support

To change the address that your bills are sent to, you just need to use this link: 

https://onlinebilling.telstra.com.au/billingpayment/action/profile/billnameaddr;jsessionid=0000rRdny...

If you wish to move the address that your services are located at (not applicable for Mobiles) we would need to arrange the relocation of your services. 

Hope this helps :-) 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

harro

Thanks Steph.

In regard to points 1 and 2 of your reply, is there anywhere online that I can find out what is and isn't included in my Next G Cap Plan?  The document you linked to does not seem to mention specific plans and inclusions, just that 1800 calls attract a charge.

Secondly, I'm still interested to know whether you think it's fair to charge customers for calls to Telstra from a Telstra phone?

Thanks,

Marc.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Marc.

We have one pagers here: http://www.telstra.com.au/my-offer-summaries/mobile/index.htm and they show the inclusions and exclusions of your plan :-) 

As I mentioned we have some free call numbers, and if you call 13 22 00 which is our main contact number, you can always be assured of a free call from your Telstra Mobile.

As we have many different numbers that we can be contacted on, it isn't possible to make all of these free calls.

harro

Hi again Steph,

In relation to my address, the link you provided appears to be just to update my billing address.  I want to change my "account address" (which I can see under Personal Details in my.telstra.com.au).  I don't have a Telstra fixed line so I don't need to relocate a service.

Thanks.

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

@harro wrote:

Thanks Steph.

Thanks,

Marc.

I've had a read of the infomation available, and put simply, as there are millions of calls a year to our main customer service numbers, we made the decision to include these at no charge. Telstra utlisies alot of internal and external contact points, and its my opinion that we are trying to encourage customers to use our standard numbers.

Information on your specific plan and inclusions/exclusions can be found at http://www.telstra.com.au/my-offer-summaries/mobile/

Numbers included are:

132200 - General Enquries/Sales/Billing for our Consumer Customers

132203 - Faults for our Consumer and Small Business Customers

13POND - Bigpond Enquires for Consumer and Small Business Customers

133933 - Bigpond Technical Support

125111 - Mobiles Customer Support (Sales/Billing/Techincal Support)

1258880 - Pre-Paid Customer Service

1258888 - Pre-Paid Self Service

1258887 - Pre-Paid Activation

132000  - Small Business Sales/Billing/General Enquires

132999 - Small Business Techincal Support 

Edit: Removed dodgy Table that didn't go in correctly 

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

harro

Thanks Steph.  Those one pagers were what I was after.  (Although it would be nice if there was an easier way to find them on the website).

And just to correct one thing.  When you say "it isn't possible to make all of these free calls", I highly doubt there is absolutely no way for Telstra to do that if you really wanted to.  I think what you mean is you choose not to make all of these calls free, for whatever reason.

EDIT: Sorry, it looks like you added a follow up post while I was typing this, clarifying your position.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hey Harro

With regards to the view on My Account, I'd be happy to get that updated for you. 

Just send me a Private Message (To send a PM click my name, and you will go to my Profile, then in the box on the right it says "Send this user a private message" just click there and then fill in the details) with your email address, and I will get in contact with you to get this done :-)

Steph 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Marc,

I'd just like to add that you can access what's included in your Next G Cap plan via Our Customer Terms.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now