CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Online bill payment

Answered
The easiest way to pay your bill via credit card or bank account is here https://onlinebilling.telstra.com.au/billing/action/payment/onlinepayment
Gerd Schenkel
Telstra Digital
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dekdel
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: Online bill payment

Hi,

I have three businesses that due to a Telstra business consultant, shares one account under my partnership. I was overdue and went to pay a partial payment using credit card for one business on 'my account' and it keeps reverting back to the total balance due including the current bill which is not due until 29/12. I was going to pay further payments on other cards set up on it as well but it won't let me.

I paid using phone payments, bpay from a bank and the internet payment out of 'my account'. 

I was able to make partial payments online from different business cards in November but not now. Your customer service people (in Philipines) tell me that credit management have made it that way. Why??????

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
dekdel
Accepted Solution

Hi,

I have three businesses that due to a Telstra business consultant, shares one account under my partnership. I was overdue and went to pay a partial payment using credit card for one business on 'my account' and it keeps reverting back to the total balance due including the current bill which is not due until 29/12. I was going to pay further payments on other cards set up on it as well but it won't let me.

I paid using phone payments, bpay from a bank and the internet payment out of 'my account'. 

I was able to make partial payments online from different business cards in November but not now. Your customer service people (in Philipines) tell me that credit management have made it that way. Why??????

mcrudd
Level 1: Cadet

I have tried many times to pay my bill on-line, but cannot get past the "your payment is being processed "page.. I have waited for at least 30mins before giving up and paying by phone

kalindab

lol yup use credit card to pay your bill get charged on next bill for using credit card nice one telstra
trevor7

Not solved westpac require a 6 digit bpay number the one on my bill is only 5 numbers ,you make it very difficult and have not responded to previous enquiry before .

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Trevor7

Telstra do use a 5 digit B-Pay payer code (as do a large number of companies) and Westpac do accept these.

They have detailed instructions about setting up a Bpay payment here: https://www.westpac.com.au/personal-banking/online-banking/support-faqs/how-to-make-new-bpay-payment... and their picture even shows them using a 5 digit code. 

If you're having trouble setting up a new payment - we'd recommend contacting Westpac for their assistance 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

rhondamac

Re: Online bill payment -- visa checkout

Visa Checkout for bill payment -- has anyone used this 'new' service that appears on the Telstra Account Services page.

I used this new bill paying method today, and it clearly states 'no fee' on Visa MasterCard and American Express, but I have been charged a separate fee on my credit card from Visa Checkout. If there is no fee policy then there should be no fee either included or additional and separate to the bill total.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi rhondamac, 

You are correct in that there is no fee to use Visa Checkout. You can pay using Visa Checkout here https://onlinebilling.telstra.com.au/billing/action/payment/onlinepayment

If you believe you have been incorrectly charged a fee, we would be happy to investigate further, to do so we will need to access your account details. 

Please chat to our billing team via Live Chat here http://tel.st/hsc3 who can assist you with this if required, or if you prefer, you can call on 132200 and say Billing. 

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

rhondamac

Thanks, but I've already 'chatted' to a Telstra someone and also 'called' a Telstra someone about this; the fee has been refunded. Telstra advertise this as a 'no fee' payment; therefore, no fee should be charged from either party (Telstra or Visa Checkout). I'm not sure this is the case as once I set up the Visa Checkout payment a $1.35 fee appeared separately after I had paid the Telstra bill. The fee does not appear with the billing, but as a separate charge on my credit card account, a sneaky $1.35. I have also queried Visa Checkout, who have not replied satisfactorily. Telstra have not got back to me either about whether there is a charge or not.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now