CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Overcharged on $59 Freedom Connect Plan

I have had my new phone on a Freedom Connect $59 plan since January.  I was under the impression that I would only be charged $59 a month unless I made more than $550 worth of calls and SMS.  However each online bill I have received since then has had at least $80 worth of charges on my phone.  There is no evidence on the online bill that I have made over the $550 worth of calls or messages so why am I being charged over $59.  I have rung Telstra at least 3 times and been told that the problem would be rectified on my next bill, however each time I am still being overcharged.  To Telstra's credit I have been credited the overcharges for the last two months but still been charged the extra on the bill I received today.  Help!!!!! This is very frustrating.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 8: Inspector

Re: Overcharged on $59 Freedom Connect Plan

Thats how they connect...LoL.Smiley Very Happy

Community Alumni (Retired)

Wondering how this is the case..... Could you look at the PDF bill in MyAccount and post any charges that show on the summary above $59.00?

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

When you signed up where there any additional charges such as Handset Instalments (MRO) that are in additional to your service contract?

While I understand each time Telstra have provided a credit for the charges that you are unclear on, has any of the reps been able to provide you with an explanation of what the charges actually are/where they originate from?

If you could please follow Ben's suggestion, hopefully we'll be able to get to the bottom of it. It can be something as simple as a handset charge, or SMS delivery reports.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit