Highlighted
caz0507
Level 2: Rookie

Overcharged on my Telstra Bill

Answered

Hi

For the last 9 months I have been overcharged on my bill - i changed over to a home bundle last September which includes home phone and 100g broadband and now they charge me for the Bundle plus they charge me for a broadband connection as well. Try as I might I ring every time a new bill comes and explain to them what is happening and each time they say it will be fixed - but it  is fixed for that month but comes back the next month and I have to ring again. Now this month they have put last months overcharge as a balance owing and plus an overcharge on next months bill and a late charge of $15.00 I cant afford to pay for the overcharge as I am only on a pension and now they chage me a late fee on the overcharge its so unbelievable are they really that stupid or are they having a go at me. They know the charge is wrong but they dont do anything about it. I hope I've made sense with all this and hope someone can help me.

Regards 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
caz0507
Accepted Solution

Re: Overcharged on my Telstra Bill

HI not sure what you mean by escalated I think they may have said something like that but I'm still in the same position I was in 9 months ago. They keep saying its a misalignment on the bill but they have been saying that for the last 6 months I just dont know what to do next when they warn me that I will be charged a late charge if I dont pay the full amount on this bill (which has 2 overcharges of $99.95 each one from last month and another from this month. I just cant afford to pay an extra $200 unless they want us to starve.

PS I tried to get on to the live chat but there was a queue and I didnt have time to wait.

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Support Team
Support Team

Hi caz0507,

Not good to hear of the ongoing billing issue. Has this been escalated at all? 

If you are able to come through on live chat here (open 24/7): http://tel.st/hsc3 we can access your account and check the details. 

From there if needed it will be possible to escalate if it has not been already. 

Ivan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

caz0507
Accepted Solution

HI not sure what you mean by escalated I think they may have said something like that but I'm still in the same position I was in 9 months ago. They keep saying its a misalignment on the bill but they have been saying that for the last 6 months I just dont know what to do next when they warn me that I will be charged a late charge if I dont pay the full amount on this bill (which has 2 overcharges of $99.95 each one from last month and another from this month. I just cant afford to pay an extra $200 unless they want us to starve.

PS I tried to get on to the live chat but there was a queue and I didnt have time to wait.

Thanks

caz0507

Spoke to a person today who deleted all overcharges and Late payment fees so hopefully that will fix the problem this month will have to wait till next month to see if it is fully reslolved.

Thanks for listening.Woman Happy

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the heads up caz0507, let us know how you go!

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

zerolga
Level 1: Cadet

I have just recieved the bill that clearly charges me for the installation and activation fee that I have paid last month. 
The option to contact Telstra on Live 24/7 chat has been ending up with "live chat session has expired" for the past 40 min.
There are no emails I can send my request. 
I have spent almost two hours now sitting in front of my computer trying to reach anyone in Telstra to help me...
Please let me know if there is a magic trick to solve my issues!
Thanks! 

btw, calling is not an option for me - last time I called it cost me $29! 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi zerolga, 

Live Chat and Phone calls are the only option to discuss the charges on your bill. 

At this moment we are experiencing issues with Live Chat, that we are working to resolve. 

If you have a Telstra phone service you can call 13 22 00 at no cost, so this could be a better option for you, if you wish to resolve the matter tonight. 

Otherwise, Live Chat should be working again tomorrow. 

daffy44
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Hi

I have had the same thing happen to me I have had the bill in front of me and Telstra are saying my last bill was 192.00 when it that is the bill for the last month clearly states 62.99 and I was charged an over charge fee when I was told if you are on a pension you would not be charged an overchage fee.

Telstra you really can get a person stressed out with your bills and as I have already said the only way to fix it was to sadly have my phone cut off after 24 years, I am really sorry to have to go to those lengths but I cannot take the stress of wrong bills any longer

DAPHNE COOMBER
daffy44

Telstra

I had issues with you when your emails were down

when you accounts were down now when your ability to get through on 24/7 is down

What next

DAPHNE COOMBER
daffy44

Hi

If you call Telstra the customer service operator wiill send you an email which you can click on every time you have a problem, this means you just have to make one call and hope you are not waiting on to long then you have the email to click on for all your problems.

I was shocked the first time I used it as it comes through on your phone at any time and sounds funny until you realise it is your C<S>Operator getting bacck to you so do't hang up.

I find early in the morning is the best time to ring into Telstra the waiting time has onlt been two minutes

DAPHNE COOMBER

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now