Highlighted
Ldb1100
Level 2: Rookie

Overcharged on my Telstra Bill

Answered

Here is the deal, I recently upgraded to NBN from ADSL (which I had been on for several years with upgrades to extra data) and before that dial up. I took out the 119.00 a month large bundle over 24 months. It included the activation fee, telstra gateway modem, an array of phone calls, and of course NBN fixed wireless installed. After several weeks of to and froing (prefer to call it duck shoving) with call centres and live/chat i finally was sent a self install kit for $25.00 ( I am techological savvy to avoid the 192.00 install fee) set it up a bit of to and froing again to get it activated. They were even sending a tech out even after I had it up and running and on NBN.

Included in my first bill was a $59.00 self install kit for when moving house and $216.00 for the gateway, I have been in the same house for 40 years and I am going nowhere. Trying to get through that these are included in the bundle and they have charged me for moving house, a charge on top of the bundle that should not have been charged. Been cut off on the phone, cut off on livechat, the patience of Job but getting bloody frustrated.

At least the last the last one said she was not trained to handle it, was going to give me a direct number to ring but then disconnected before doing so. No matter how frustrated I get I will not go away and I will not pay the extra ammounts. although they send out these email to evaluate their performance, I do not fill them out, I do not want to tell them how I am really feel, might use some inappropiate language.

direct from what they sent me after I took out the bundle,

$119 for your Telstra Large Bundle on the NBN.

The minimum amount you’ll pay over 24 months is $2,915 including a $59 activation fee.

If you’ve been offered and accepted self installation, you’ll be sent a Self Installation Kit (SIK).

If you are eligible for Priority Assistance a standard professional installation by Telstra is included, otherwise a charge of $192 applies.

Both professional installation and the SIK include a Home Network Gateway needed to support your home phone and broadband services.

Unless already connected, NBN Co will need to install its equipment in your premises. Standard installations of NBN equipment are done without charge to you.

Direct from My Account.

Telstra Large Bundle -.10.Oct.to.09.Nov $119.00

BigPond® Transfer to New Address - Self Install $59.00

Telstra Gateway Max™ $216.00

Now how hard is that to understand.

Regards Lou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Overcharged on my Telstra Bill

Hey Ldb1100,

I'm sorry to hear of the billing issues that you have experienced since the change to the NBN service and do apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused you Smiley Sad 

As you have experienced issues with this via the regular avenues then the next option would be to have this raised as an official complaint.. This can be lodged via: 

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Services-KB/Lodging-a-complaint-with-Telstra/ta-p/6818...

A case manager will be assigned to have this investigated and resolved further for you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hey Ldb1100,

I'm sorry to hear of the billing issues that you have experienced since the change to the NBN service and do apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused you Smiley Sad 

As you have experienced issues with this via the regular avenues then the next option would be to have this raised as an official complaint.. This can be lodged via: 

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Services-KB/Lodging-a-complaint-with-Telstra/ta-p/6818...

A case manager will be assigned to have this investigated and resolved further for you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Ldb1100

Thats what I did, the young lady i spoke to today fixed in about  2 minutes (she listened objectively) as well she removed phone rentals for the old ring a ding phones that somehow turned up on my account again, they had been removed years ago, thats six dollars less a month. Thanks for your input. The matter has been fully resolved.

Regards Lou

DavidWilliams
Level 1: Cadet

I left Telstra 3 months ago and after their recent bill issues they decided to start charging me again for a mobile phone which I don't have!!!!!!

no doubt they have installed a new system to manage these errors

Ldb1100

check with telstra direct, because there is a scam around about being overcharged on your account and offering a refund, this I have found is not how telstra work. The email looks official and all that.

Vee7

I recently switched to NBN too, and my current bill is over $620. I've been charged for two mobile services at $344 and I don't understand why, as I only have one mobile which is going to be fully paid off this month. I've made an official complaint to Telstra so I am hoping that they get back to me. I am currently overseas in Albania, and there is no international travel packs available for here, so I can't call and speak to customer support, nor can I easily walk into a Telstra store and speak to a Telstra rep there. That bill is due on the day I return and I am hoping that it is resolved before that date.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Vee7,

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out. Understanding you are currently overseas, you may have been unaware that you can still live chat with us to discuss your concerns. 

Our live chat team is available via http://tel.st/hsc3. Please do let us know how you go.

Vee7

I got an email regarding personalized my billing video, but that does not explain to me why I am charged so high, nor all the queries I had regarding the bill.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Vee7, 

Have you got through to our Billing team on Live Chat via the link Renee provided for assistance? 

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now