CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Scribbles
Level 4: Private Eye

Overcharged on my broadband?

Answered

Hello All

I got my first Bill that contained my new Bigpond charges on the bill with my home phone and mobile phone.

To start off with: Thank you Telstra. When I signed up in a store for Bigpond I was overcharge for the modem. I was told that it would most likely be the second bill along that would add the discount, but it was in this first Bill. Thanks Telstra for the quick service, and thanks to those here who were very helpful in getting it sorted.

I am aware of the current charge for this month's broadband as well as the next month in advance. So that's no problem as well.

But.........I have been overcharged for my broadband basic cost before discounts. Or at least I think I have, but occasionally women have been known to be wrong! This is what it says on my online bill.

Includes a charge from the start of your new plan/bundle to the end of this billing period, plus a charge in advance for the next billing period. For further information about proportional charges, please visit telstra.com/mobile/help_faqs/your_bill.html

BigPond Elite® Liberty 5GB - ADSL - 20 Oct to 21 Oct $3.997   

BigPond Elite® Liberty 5GB - ADSL - 22 Oct to 21 Nov $59.95     

BigPond® Usage 0 MB  $0.00     

Credits & Discounts
      BigPond® ADSL Broadband Multiple Product Benefit - 06 Oct to 21 Octcredit $10.667   
      BigPond® ADSL Member Benefit - 06 Oct to 21 Octcredit $10.667   

Total for Service  $42.613 

According to the Bigpond Homepage, and my own 'My Bigpond' page, the price is $49.95 and not $59.95. When I upgraded from my 2 GB to 5 GB I was sure to check with the girl that my monthly charge overall after the discounts would be $29.95.

I am assuming I will need to ring once my paper bill comes and get this sorted and taken care of on my next Bill? So as not to have egg on my face when ringing, can someone verify for me what I am pretty sure is correct: the 5 GB plan is $49.95

Sharon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Overcharged on my broadband?

hi Scribbles:

Thanks so much for sending us your concerns regarding the costing of your internet account. It's great to hear that we were able to resolve your issues with your Modem charge in a timely manner.

The full cost of the 5gb ADSL account is as follows:-

-   Full cost is $59.95 per month

-   For our Valued Members who have a Home Telephone service you would pay $49.95 per month

-   For our Valued Members, who have the internet account, home telephone service and one other Telstra product -eg Mobile phone, Wireless Broadband, or Foxtel, you would be receive a further $20 per month Member Benefit therefore making the cost of your plan $29.95 per month or a minimum cost over 24 months would be  $718.80,

I am happy to check your account out and ensure that you are being charged correctly, so will be sending you a Private message with instructions on how to send your account details through, so if you have the time to fill this out, I will check the details on your account

Lindy in Adelaide Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

hi Scribbles:

Thanks so much for sending us your concerns regarding the costing of your internet account. It's great to hear that we were able to resolve your issues with your Modem charge in a timely manner.

The full cost of the 5gb ADSL account is as follows:-

-   Full cost is $59.95 per month

-   For our Valued Members who have a Home Telephone service you would pay $49.95 per month

-   For our Valued Members, who have the internet account, home telephone service and one other Telstra product -eg Mobile phone, Wireless Broadband, or Foxtel, you would be receive a further $20 per month Member Benefit therefore making the cost of your plan $29.95 per month or a minimum cost over 24 months would be  $718.80,

I am happy to check your account out and ensure that you are being charged correctly, so will be sending you a Private message with instructions on how to send your account details through, so if you have the time to fill this out, I will check the details on your account

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@Scribbles wrote:

Hello All

I got my first Bill that contained my new Bigpond charges on the bill with my home phone and mobile phone.

To start off with: Thank you Telstra. When I signed up in a store for Bigpond I was overcharge for the modem. I was told that it would most likely be the second bill along that would add the discount, but it was in this first Bill. Thanks Telstra for the quick service, and thanks to those here who were very helpful in getting it sorted.

I am aware of the current charge for this month's broadband as well as the next month in advance. So that's no problem as well.

But.........I have been overcharged for my broadband basic cost before discounts. Or at least I think I have, but occasionally women have been known to be wrong! This is what it says on my online bill.

Includes a charge from the start of your new plan/bundle to the end of this billing period, plus a charge in advance for the next billing period. For further information about proportional charges, please visit telstra.com/mobile/help_faqs/your_bill.html

BigPond Elite® Liberty 5GB - ADSL - 20 Oct to 21 Oct $3.997   

BigPond Elite® Liberty 5GB - ADSL - 22 Oct to 21 Nov $59.95     

BigPond® Usage 0 MB  $0.00     

Credits & Discounts
      BigPond® ADSL Broadband Multiple Product Benefit - 06 Oct to 21 Octcredit $10.667   
      BigPond® ADSL Member Benefit - 06 Oct to 21 Octcredit $10.667   

Total for Service  $42.613 

According to the Bigpond Homepage, and my own 'My Bigpond' page, the price is $49.95 and not $59.95. When I upgraded from my 2 GB to 5 GB I was sure to check with the girl that my monthly charge overall after the discounts would be $29.95.

I am assuming I will need to ring once my paper bill comes and get this sorted and taken care of on my next Bill? So as not to have egg on my face when ringing, can someone verify for me what I am pretty sure is correct: the 5 GB plan is $49.95

Sharon

Hey Sharon,

Looking at the charges, the full Price for Bigpond Broadband is $59.95 per month, then you receive the appropriate discounts. You are receiving both a Member Benefit and a Multiple Product Benefit, which reduce the bill to $39.95.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Good Morning Sharon and Ben:

Thanks for sending details of your concerns through to me Sharon.  

As advised in my email to you, your details reflect that you have a Home Telephone service, A Mobile Phone and an ADSL internet account.

This means that you are entitled to receive the following discounts. 

-     $10 Pre-select discount per month

-     $20 Member Benefit  per month

As long as you retain your current level of services, you are entitled to receive a $30 per month off your ADSL plan, which would make it $29.95 per month 

Please accept my apologies for any confusion that may have been caused by the above posts. I have verified with the details of your account, that the information I have provided you is correct Smiley Happy

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend Smiley Happy

suez
Level 1: Cadet

please pay the money you overcharged me on my account now instead of four TO FIVE DAYS from now. You have taken all our money for the fornight and have no money for food. PLEASE HELP MY FAMILY BY PUTTING MONEY BACK ON MY CREDIT CARD. REFERENCE NO. 1-93699177598.  telestra doesn't care that they owe you money or that we are suffering. how dare you take so long to give us what is ours. I know you could put that money on our card now but you take so long to do anything and you forget all the time. How long will you make my family and i suffer!

trentino
Level 1: Cadet

Hi there,

I am an existing customer on a 12 month mobile broadband contract. I believe that I have been over charged, for example last month I set my usage to 1 gigabyte limit per month and during this usage period I did not use one megabyte as I am overseas. I assume that having this 1gig limit will cost about $40 per month, even if I do not use the service.

My bill from march 2014 is $77.24! please explain.

Very frustrating.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi trentino, 

You'd need to either give us a call, or pop through to Live Chat (link in my Sig) so that we can take a look at your bill and explain it for you. 

As we don't have access to your bill via CrowdSupport, we can't hazard a guess at the charges here.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now