Highlighted
IndridCold
Level 1: Cadet

Overcharging

Answered
Dear Sir / Madam,

My Telstra mobile phone plan (which I signed for) is supposed to cost me $50.00 per month.

However, because of Telstra's "Premium Direct Billing service for Third Party content" l was charged: $84.95 in October 2017 and $64.98 in November 2017.

This means that I've been over-charged by a total of: $49.93.

Why has Telstra only refund me $6.99... and not the full $49.93?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Overcharging

@IndridCold You will have to get it sorted with Telstra Billing, no one has access to your online account at Crowd Support.

On a side note, to get charged for third part content you must be purchasing it. If you are unaware of clicking on links etc, then maybe I suggest you get Premium SMS turned off.

Visit https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Premium-SMS-barring

A Crowd Support Telstra Rep might be able to add more to what I have posted?

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

@IndridCold You will have to get it sorted with Telstra Billing, no one has access to your online account at Crowd Support.

On a side note, to get charged for third part content you must be purchasing it. If you are unaware of clicking on links etc, then maybe I suggest you get Premium SMS turned off.

Visit https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Premium-SMS-barring

A Crowd Support Telstra Rep might be able to add more to what I have posted?

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi there @IndridCold

@Ozmoz, has hit the nail on the head, you will need to contact our billing department to have this looked into.

Third party charges are treated on a case by case basis and someone will need to view your account before giving more specific information.

- Will

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now