CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Overdue Account with no information

I received an overdue account with no information about what its for and it was sent to an old address where I havn't live for more than 2 years.  I have been to both the Business Centre and Telstra Shop and made numerous phones calls and asked on 24/7 chat.  No one seems to be able to provide information and the last two customer service people have told me to ignore it or they will fix it.  The letter clearly states Telstra may suspend any other accounts in my name so I cannot ignore it and wait for my service to be suspended and then have a battle to have it reconnected (with reconnection fees).  I pay my monthly mobile bill without fail each month and I currently have a zero balance.  You cannot actually talk to anyone that will do something about this and resolve the issue, you just get told to ring someone else or ignore it.  It is such a difficult system to navigate when you have something that is a little out of left field.  I am not sure what else to do, because even if you go to a shop and talk to a real live person they are not helpful.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Overdue Account with no information

Hi DRK99,

Do the letters you're referring to actually include an account number? It's normal for late notices (as opposed to bills) to not include a great deal of detail, but they should certainly contain an account number. If there is one, I can't see why this account could not be found. Please get in touch with me via private message if there is an account number included.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Ben_J

Yes there is an account number <REMOVED FOR YOUR SECURITY>.

I might add that I have not had any correspondence about this previously, so getting an overdue demand to pay is somewhat irritating.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Are the letters you're receiving actually from Telstra, or from a collection agency making reference to a Telstra debt?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Its all marked with Telstra logos and letterheads. There is nothing that indicates a collection agency. All contact numbers are Telstra and I have been receiving automated recorded Telstra messages on my mobile.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Okay very strange indeed; I will be sending you a private message shortly.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit