CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Mack
Level 1: Cadet

Pay installments

Answered
Hi, can we pay our phone bill in installments? I got a bigger bill this month and was thinking maybe pay $50 a week but still have it paid by its due date? Or do you have to contact telstra to do this? Thanks Smiley Happy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Pay installments

I got a bigger bill this month and was thinking maybe pay $50 a week but still have it paid by its due date?

As long as your account balance is zero (or in credit) by the due date of a bill, the account will be considered fully paid and no late fees apply. You can make multiple payments (of any amount) into your account, any time you choose, by using the standard payment methods.

Or do you have to contact telstra to do this?

Only if you are expecting not to have the account balance fully paid off by the due date and wish to avoid late fees in that event.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

I got a bigger bill this month and was thinking maybe pay $50 a week but still have it paid by its due date?

As long as your account balance is zero (or in credit) by the due date of a bill, the account will be considered fully paid and no late fees apply. You can make multiple payments (of any amount) into your account, any time you choose, by using the standard payment methods.

Or do you have to contact telstra to do this?

Only if you are expecting not to have the account balance fully paid off by the due date and wish to avoid late fees in that event.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@Drat wrote:
wish to avoid late fees in that event.

If I understand correctly, you may still be charged a late fee if you are overdue, even if you contact Telstra.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Ben_F wrote:

If I understand correctly, you may still be charged a late fee if you are overdue, even if you contact Telstra.

… with ‘may’ being the operative word there. Telstra can waive any late fees at its discretion, and if a customer calls in advance of the bill due date to negotiate a payment plan, I think the likelihood of Telstra agreeing to waive any late fees that the system may automatically impose subsequently is much higher.

——

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now