CrowdSupport®
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Pay your bill with PayPal?

Answered
We're considering adding this option. What do you think? ==== UPDATE: going live very soon Smiley Happy http://exchange.telstra.com.au/2013/02/28/telstra-partners-with-paypal-for-bill-payments/comment-pag...
Gerd Schenkel
Telstra Digital
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
twocountrygirl
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: Pay your bill with PayPal?

only if you allow me to top up my mobile recharge using my UK Paypal - why is this currently not acceptable???????
cscoxk
Accepted Solution

The more payment options the better.  How about a direct transfer system that we can initiate ourselves and that bypasses the BPay system.  It would not take much for Telstra to set up its own PayPal type system with lower fees and with more rapid transfer of funds.  It is time we had an efficient homegrown electronic payments system in Australia.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
twocountrygirl
Accepted Solution

only if you allow me to top up my mobile recharge using my UK Paypal - why is this currently not acceptable???????
cscoxk
Accepted Solution

The more payment options the better.  How about a direct transfer system that we can initiate ourselves and that bypasses the BPay system.  It would not take much for Telstra to set up its own PayPal type system with lower fees and with more rapid transfer of funds.  It is time we had an efficient homegrown electronic payments system in Australia.

MargoT
Level 1: Cadet

I tried to pay my Telstra account using paypal and I found Telstra wasn't registered with Australia Post Bill Pay online. This is how you can pay some bills on line using Paypal since Aust Post allows you to pay bills using your paypal account for companies registered with them. Interestingly Optus was listed as an AustPost Pay online client but Telstra wasn't. So if I was an Optus customer I could have paid my bill using my Paypal Account. I love paypal and find it a very convenient way to pay bills. Please allow us to pay our Telstra Bill using Pay Pal. In my opinion Bill Pay Aust Post online would be an easy way to do this. It would make paying our bill so much easier.
MargoT

Another solution is to enable Aust Post BillPay online which allows Pay Pal. Many companies are listed with the Aust Post system online already.
mconstable

I would definitely use Paypal as my preferred payment system. I had wondered why you didn't already offer the option.

khell

Yes, register for online post billpay Telstra!

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@khell wrote:

Yes, register for online post billpay Telstra!

The issue with this would be the commission that Aus Post take for procesisng that transaction, and the cost of intergrating it is probably not worth it.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding introducing PayPal in addition to all the bill payment options we already have. 

Starting today (26 Feb 13) we’re increasing your payment options to now include PayPal! 

Its quick, it’s convenient and for all of you already using PayPal, you don’t even have to enter your bank account/credit card details when you’re ready to pay viawww.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/paybill. I can also confirm Telstra doesn't charge customers for using PayPal, irrespective of their funding method (PayPal Balance, Linked Bank Account or Credit Card).

As always, you can still make both full or part payments of your Telstra bill when using PayPal.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

richvolt

Hi Gerd,

I have been a loyal customer for well over 15 years and it still appears I am on the only legacy system whereby I am limited with many fuctions due to the fact I do not have the 13 digit customer number.

I have been told over 5 years ago I beleive that I will be migrated but every time I call I get someone from overseas that really want to help but doe not know how to fix the issue.

It clear most customer were migrated but I think I may have been forgotten.

My webmail is full of errors and have discussed that problem for over 10 years where there are unread mail that does not exist but now adding to the problem I cannot pay via paypal due to "PayPal is only available as a payment method for customers with 13-digit account numbers"

Similarly the same thing occured when I went to apply for T-Box but was unavailable to me for the same reason.

If you could please assist with this as I would prefer to pay via PayPal.

Kind regards

Richard

ganimay

Where does it state that there will be no Credit Card processing fees if we use Paypal with the Credit Card option?

I thought I found something on the Telstra website in May, when I first learned that one could use Paypal to pay Telstra bills, but am unable to find it again.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now