CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
lesh
Level 2: Rookie

PayPal

Have been trying to pay my monthly bill by PayPal for 2 days now and keep getting this message:

"Unfortunately an unexpected error has occurred in our systems and we can't process your payment at this time. Please try again later."

Anyone from Telstra know if there is a problem in their system as my bill will be due soon?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
26 REPLIES 26
Level 23: Superhero

Re: PayPal

I'd get straight on top of this this morning by going to the Live chat link below and select Accounts and billing to sort it out;

https://livechat.telstra.com/

0701836001400224804.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
lesh

Thanks Jeff. I tried Live Chat and the outcome is he blamed the system at PayPal (that's not the message on Telstra as they say "error in our systems") however he has marked my account to not charge a late fee if the payment does not get processed by the due date.

number8
Level 1: Cadet

I have the same problem

"Unfortunately an unexpected error has occurred in our systems and we can't process your payment at this time. Please try again later."

Tried 26th May and twice today

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi everyone

We have recognised that there is a problem with some of our Valued Members using PayPal

This is being escalated to our Billing Team so that it can be further investigated and we will do what we can to resolve.

Apologies for any inconvenience

-  Lindy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

LeePee73

Hi All,
I am still having this problem. Today is the 4th June and I've been trying to pay with Paypal for 4 days now.
Are others still having this issue?
Leeanne
Support Team
Support Team

Hi LeePee73,

As far as I'm aware this should now be fixed

What browser are you using? 

Have you tried in alternate browser? 

Additionally, clearing your cache & browsing data may also help

Let me know how you go

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Lautarin

I have tried this with two different browsers and have not been able to pay with Paypal. Second day I have tried now for reference.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Lautarin, 

To confirm, what browsers have you tried this on? 

Additionally, can you let us know the version number for them

In the meantime, you'll still should be able to pay via credit card, bank account or BPAY https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/paybill#empty

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Lautarin

Tried with the latest Google Chrome - Version 35.0.1916.114 m , With Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.16521. I also thought I would try a third browser so I tried Opera 22.0.1471.50.

Unsuccessful with all three.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for that Lautarin,

There has been some recent chatter about some customers experiencing issues with PayPal & this has been escalated to our PayPal team for investigation

In the meantime I'd recommend paying via one of the options mentioned above

number8

Its Friday and have been trying thre or more times a day.  When is it likely to be fix?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi Number8

We will have an answer for you on this early in the new week, as it has been escalated again. 

Sorry for the inconvenience

-   Lindy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

HeatherLJ

I am another customer who has been trying to use the Paypal option with no success. I have used this facility to pay my account previously with no problem. This time I have been trying for over a fortnight. Used lived chat twice, phoned three times and keep being told that they have had no reported problems in using the Paypal option. It has also been suggested each time that I use a different method to pay this account. This is unacceptable as I refuse to incur charges due to a technical problem, that has obviously happened to other customers. Yes they have extended my account due date, however I am past frustrated and do not wish to obtain a bad credit rating for something beyond my control. Over 38 years with the company and not one late payment. Please sort this out.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi HeatherLJ, 

This has been escalated to our PayPal team for investigation however we haven't received any further information back as yet

While I appreciate what you're saying, have you considered using another option such as BPAY? 

HeatherLJ

I would like to know if I pay my account over the phone with my preferred card if I will incur any charges?

HeatherLJ

The preferred card I wish to use does not have a bpay option!

Support Team
Support Team

Hi HeatherLJ,

I'm sorry to hear that

You do have the option to pay from your bank account if you prefer otherwise I'd suggest to pay by card

Danielle82

I'm also experiencing this problem and have so for over 24 hours. I have tried paying the bill from my phone and standalone computers which are up to date. PayPal advises the payment is being finalised and then I am redirected to a technical difficulties page and to try again later which is the same as others have described. My bill is due on 13/6 and I have already moved the funds to my credit card (if I pay directly via credit card/BPay with my credit card I am advised I will incur a fee). I note the PayPal problem has been logged for two weeks now based on this thread which is unacceptably long, so can we please have an update on when it will be rectified?
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Danielle82,

We are working to resolve this as soon as possible.

Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime

KyMaree

Tried to pay on different computers and received an error message on all. I did end up successfully using the credit card option, but I hope this is fixed by next month. I like being able to see my payments in one place and Paypal has always been good when accidental/incorrect payments occur.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

We are absolutely working to get this resolved and I am confident it will be resolved before your next bill.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Danielle82

Thanks! I have been able to successfully make me payment using PayPal.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the update and glad that you have been able to complete this payment via the Pay Pal service. -Dingo

clarkeyj327

Give it a miss , seems even when you are succesful at paying you have to wait 24 to 48 hrs to proccess the payment which means if you pay thursday  no phone to monday as they dont procces on weekends , oh and further too the rubbish , if its a pre paid phone you cant as you havemt a 13 numbered account number only your 10 digit number which it wont accept , means you have to ring and ask them , oh and make a sandwich and coffee first and hope they understand what your asking

clarkeyj327

just going thru the proccess and are so not happy with telstra !
smoothp20
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Just happened to me 2 days ago, and I got billed twice !!

Never happened before.

I have raised a "Missing Payment" ticket with Customer Service

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now