CrowdSupport®
Bibi90
Level 2: Rookie

Paying bill by ZIP

Answered

So my direct debit for this month is due Tuesday 16/7/19 and I have paid by ZIP on their app tonight which has gone through. In their confirmation email they say allow 3 days. Will telstra still direct debit me on Tuesday? (I have the $$ there but need it for other bills.) many thanks 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Paying bill by ZIP

As you have technically BPayed the bill, if it has not been credited to your Telstra Account by the time that the Direct Debit is due to come out, then the Direct Debit will proceed. There is a slight delay in BPay in that it usually takes overnight to push across. It can then take a couple of days to show up on your Telstra account.

Generally, if you have a Direct Debit set up on your account, it would be inadvisable to pay it by another method within a week of it being due.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hey Bibi90, thank you for your post.

Jupiter is on the money here, unfortunately if they have quoted up to 3 days your direct debit would go ahead if the money has not landed on your account.

If it gets close you can cancel your direct debit online here https://tel.st/mm8hq to ensure it doesn't take this money this month. Then you can activate it again once the money has landed.

Let me know how you go.
- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

As you have technically BPayed the bill, if it has not been credited to your Telstra Account by the time that the Direct Debit is due to come out, then the Direct Debit will proceed. There is a slight delay in BPay in that it usually takes overnight to push across. It can then take a couple of days to show up on your Telstra account.

Generally, if you have a Direct Debit set up on your account, it would be inadvisable to pay it by another method within a week of it being due.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hey Bibi90, thank you for your post.

Jupiter is on the money here, unfortunately if they have quoted up to 3 days your direct debit would go ahead if the money has not landed on your account.

If it gets close you can cancel your direct debit online here https://tel.st/mm8hq to ensure it doesn't take this money this month. Then you can activate it again once the money has landed.

Let me know how you go.
- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Bibi90
Level 2: Rookie

Thank you people. I got worried and ended up on the 24/7 chat thingo where a nice person extended the time, removed the DD and set it to reinstate for next months bill. It’s hard when the dollars are low but hopefully all will be well going forward. The bill now says PAID too on my telstra app so that’s good. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for keeping us updated Bibi90,

Glad to hear you've been looked after with the 24x7 chat team.

Please don't hesitate to reach out in the future if you have any queries or concerns as we would be happy to assist.

- Matty

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now