CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
IloveIslam
Level 1: Cadet

Payment for an overdue closed account

Answered
HI,

Don't know where to post this so just posting it here. I closed my phone account recently and received the final bill for terminating my contract early. I paid a large amount of it today at the post office. How long does it take for the payment to go through? There's only a little bit owing left on the bill, am I able to pay it off slowly every fortnight? So it doesn't get referred to a debt company?

Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Payment for an overdue closed account

Mmm not wise to string it out like that. You could've got another telstra sim for $2 and sorted this out a month ago..

Yes telstra staff reply to threads but they'd be in the same situation as this isn't a main stream support for such things.

**Edit** removed chat link as the team isn't able to assist with these enquiries. Best to call 132200

Cheers,
Dave

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

Payment normally takes a couple of days to filter through.

So I take it you didn't pay the final bill completely and it's due today or in the next couple? If you're having trouble maybe your best bet is to call telstra 132200 as this is not the place to discus such things being a public open forum and all Smiley Wink

Cheers,
Dave

IloveIslam

No it was due last month I think thats why I paid a large amount of it today as I wasnt able to when it was due. I cant call them as im on prepaid with another carrier it will finish my credit. Do telstra employees reply to these threads or is there an email I can contact them on? Thank you for your help
Accepted Solution

Mmm not wise to string it out like that. You could've got another telstra sim for $2 and sorted this out a month ago..

Yes telstra staff reply to threads but they'd be in the same situation as this isn't a main stream support for such things.

**Edit** removed chat link as the team isn't able to assist with these enquiries. Best to call 132200

Cheers,
Dave

View solution in original post

IloveIslam

Thank you for your help. I'll see when I can get access to a computer. Thanks

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit