rayshio
Level 2: Rookie

Payout

Answered
When I buyout the phone on my contract. Does that mean I can keep the phone? If so do I have to sign up again for another phone plan?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Payout

Hi @rayshio,

If you are on a 'Buy' plan option, then once the contract has ended, you will own that phone. 

If you are on a 'Lease' plan option, then you have the option to buy the phone at the market value price when the plan contract ends.

Once you own the handset, you may want to consider one of the BYO plan options which can you find here: https://tel.st/9qvfh

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Yes. If you payout the phone on your contract, you own the phone. No, you don't have to sign up for another phone plan.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @rayshio,

If you are on a 'Buy' plan option, then once the contract has ended, you will own that phone. 

If you are on a 'Lease' plan option, then you have the option to buy the phone at the market value price when the plan contract ends.

Once you own the handset, you may want to consider one of the BYO plan options which can you find here: https://tel.st/9qvfh

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now