CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
rjmb
Level 2: Rookie

Paypal on billing page redirects back to 404 error after payment.

Answered

I've tried to pay my Telstra bill from 'my account' now a few times. I get redirected to Paypal, but the redirect back to Telstra again fails after payment with a 404 error and the transaction does not appear to work (or there's no receipt or paypal confirmation). Telstra please can you get your IT support  (or perhaps that's vendor support these days Smiley Sad ) to check it out.

I'll give it a few days and then have to resort to some other form of payment - seriously this wastes customer time. From my view Telstra get's ONE opportunity to get my money - if their system can't accept my payment then I should be charging Telstra a 'system failure' fees until such time as the issue is resolved. (As should all other customers.....)

Thankyou.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rjmb
Accepted Solution

Re: Paypal on billing page redirects back to 404 error after payment.

Okay - problem resolved.

Firefox and it's ultimate security/cache whatever updates has trashed things. Tried a cahce clear - that didn't work.

After 3 days I found a random post here on this site and tried Chrome - payment redirect works - there is some security change that's happened between Telstra and Paypal's login that seems to trash something in Firefox.

Problem now sorted out.

Thankyou.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
rjmb
Accepted Solution

Re: Paypal on billing page redirects back to 404 error after payment.

Okay - problem resolved.

Firefox and it's ultimate security/cache whatever updates has trashed things. Tried a cahce clear - that didn't work.

After 3 days I found a random post here on this site and tried Chrome - payment redirect works - there is some security change that's happened between Telstra and Paypal's login that seems to trash something in Firefox.

Problem now sorted out.

Thankyou.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now