CrowdSupport®
RebeccaRose
Level 1: Cadet

Phone bill

Hi, I am being charged for my phone bill when it should have been cancelled. It was a one year contract and has rolled over past this. I haven’t been in the country for 10 months - haven’t used the sim since I’ve been there. I left enough money in my Australian account to pay the full year of the phone bill. Now I have emails saying that there is an amount due, due to the contract being extended when it should not have been extended. I’m trying to phone Telstra but no number appears to work. Can you please advise. Thanks 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
StrayaM8
Level 10: Junior Detective

Re: Phone bill

Services dont automatically disconnect at the end of the contract period, you need to make contact with Telstra. Best bet if your overseas is on the Telstra Live Chat, which you can find on this website, that way you dont need to make an overseas call.

Level 25: The Singularity

At the end of the contract period, your service keeps going until you cancel it. The 12 month period is just the minimum amount of time that you need to keep the service to avoid Early Termination Charges.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
RebeccaRose
Level 1: Cadet

I’m trying to live chat and that doesn’t appear to work - Just left with a blank screen. 

If you are trying Livechat from a mobile device, after the initial screen opens, click on the 3 dot icon and tell your browser to Request the Desktop Site. Also, use a browser other than Safari as it doesn't work. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 22: Superhuman

If you have a Telstra mobile..you can ring Telstra free from overseas on +61 439 125 109

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles "you" to be an expert at everything!!"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now