pk581
Level 2: Rookie

Plan increase

Good morning,

History 39 years Telstra customers . Average $180 per month.

Need to discuss with someone from Australia about our mobile phone increase.

Overseas call centres seem to be ok to lose our business and even hangup on us.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Plan increase

Hello

To the best of my knowledge, the only Australian call centre is Disconnections between 9am and 9pm AEST

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

You can try Livechat as well. After the initial page opens, tell your browser to Request the Desktop Site and it should work (just don't use Safari, it doesn't work).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
pk581

Thanks for that.

i think the Australia service might only be from Monday to Friday. But I did get a hard to understand person who said she was from Adelaide. Even lying comes easy for them.

one more phone call Monday then the process to transfer to another provider will begin. 

Telstra is just another overseas company 

Hello

Thanks for the Like

These days it's 7 days, and Adelaide is correct.   

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
pk581

That’s not good then for Telstra.

Telstra try to gain $10 on my plan but end up losing $45.

Wife’s  plan expires in August that’s $30.

Telstra minus $75..

I’m sure if Telstra keep putting prices up more and more people will look at other suppliers.

if your in capital city’s they all have good coverage.

Level 24: Supreme Being

The have a team here in Adelaide, but as with most call centres in Australia there are staff from a range of backgrounds. It is one of the parts of a multicultural society. 

There is plenty of competition at the bottom end of the price options, but it seems Telstra has decided to focus on the sort of average usage user, not worrying about the smaller data allowances on the plan end. It makes sense, to market to the majority instead of minority of users, and the new plans in comparison are pretty much on par with the standard equivalent plans Optus and Vodafone (although I have seen both this week offering a bonus or discount on the equivalent plans). ($55 for 15GB on both Optus and Vodafone plans, or $50 for 15GB on Telstra... apples to apples they aren't too bad, but nothing smaller).

To be within a couple dollars makes it pretty reasonable for many people on that average types of usage, to get the extra coverage / speed etc for only a couple dollars a month isn't unrealistic for the majority of users in that usage base. The problem is for people who don't need 15GB of data each month but that is where prepaid options would be better value. 

If you are looking for someone on the lower end, may be worth considering Belong or Boost or Aussie Broadband on the Telstra network if you want the coverage. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

pk581

$21 isn’t a few dollars saving per month.

And Optus seem to be just as good as Telstra.

Sorry, Optus is not nearly as good as Telstra. Suggest you buy an Optus prepaid and use it at all different times and locations. 

pk581

My work phone is Optus and works quiet well in the capital cities I visit.

suggest you try it and save some money lol 😂 

enjoy and good bye 👋 

pk581

Another Telstra employee who types instead of talking on the phone.

what a waste this is

No doubt, if you live in a metro area and never level metro areas, Optus or even Vodafone will likely offer decent coverage, especially if you aren’t doing anything speed dependant. 

And yeah, if you compare Telstra’s no contract plans to things like Optus’ special offers then yes it will be different. Like for like they priced them self well (month to month compared to month to month) but if the contract special offer works for you then that is great, it works for you.

One of the best parts of health competition is you do get to work out what suits your needs and budget and situation best overall. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Also while no one who has replied to you is a Telstra employee they do have a team who do work online via social media to help there and obviously the live chat teams and who monitor here, because that is the world we live in. 

Helpful Links

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now