vd23
Level 2: Rookie

Plan not honoured, What are my options? TIO?

Hi,

I was recently offered $39 plan if I move from Vodafone to Telstra which I agreed to and I have the chat transcript to prove it.

I have not yet moved my service as I am still awaiting the sim but when I checked online that my plan is $49 instead of $39, I checked with chat again and they said they can't do anything because $10 international pack was added. But as per the chat, it said it was included in $39 plan.

Transcript snippet:

Consultant:

yes, I can get you a $39 sim deal, unlimited calls and sms including 15 countries and 30gb data

You: i think will pass on that as i still have couple of months left on vodafone and it is only going to be $1 cheaper
You: thanks though, appreciate your help
Consultant: I can add a $10 monthly credit on the existing mobile
You: that will be great! so i get $10 on my existing service which is on $65 per month plan?
Consultant:

yes together with the $39 new sim plan

Can you recommend what are my options? Don't they have to honour what was offered when I have the proof? Who should I contact? Telstra or TIO?

Any help will be much appreciated. thanks.

PS: I have removed consultant's name with consultant.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Plan not honoured, What are my options? TIO?

Have you received your first bill?
The details you see in myaccount do not necessarily include any credits and are generally the total plan cost without discounts applied
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
vd23

@Yastiandrie wrote:
Have you received your first bill?
The details you see in myaccount do not necessarily include any credits and are generally the total plan cost without discounts applied

Thanks @Yastiandrie for your reply. I still have not received the bill yet but was curious why it was showing $49, that is why I checked with other consultant. But the other consultant said there is no discount applied and no mention of $39 plan. I guess, gotta wait then. Hopefully they honour it. In case, it is not honoured, what do you suggest? who should I contact? Cheers.

Level 22: Superhuman

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

Hello
You can lodge a complaint via the link above.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
vd23

Thanks Professor. I will wait for my first bill and if it still an issue, I will then send an email. Appreciate your help.
Hopefully they sort it out. Cheers.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now