CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Pre paid plans and financial hardship

I am currently experiencing financial hardship due to a number of reasons beyond my control,including but not limiting my circumstances to recent domestic violence events, unlawful eviction from shared rental property with the perpetrator, family law proceedings, and ongoing illnesses and conditions not fully managed due to exsasetbations mainly occuring due to recent life events.  I desperately  require access to data on my mobile and of course the use of use of my existing pre paid service  to seek assistance for housing, medical and legal assistance and to keep in co tact with my children twice weekly under current court orders.  I have exhausted every avenue I can think of to assist me with a phone recharge and I'm wondering if this is something Telstra to could assist me with?

Sally

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Pre paid plans and financial hardship

Hi @SalStar

I'm very sorry to hear about your current circumstances.

If you were needing to access internet on your mobile, pre-paid customers can also use the Telstra Air service in a number of locations.

The programs terms and eligibility can be found via: https://tel.st/sgdp9 

Unfortunately I'm unable to provide direct credit to your pre-paid mobile service for calling or other features.

Please let us know if you need any further help or support with accessing the Telstra Air service as mentioned above.

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Pre paid plans and financial hardship

@SalStar 

I've done a little bit of digging and I would recommend getting in contact with 1800RESPECT.

They can assist with counselling and direct you to services that may be able to assist you to get back on to your feet.

The link to their website (specifically the page dealing with financial advice) is https://www.1800respect.org.au/help-and-support/services-overview/money

@Stef_3 FYI there is a PDF about the service (under Telstra Safe Connections).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit