CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Jemfields1
Level 2: Rookie

Prepaid - incorrect charging rate to waht is on the accounts front page

I have a prepaid broadband service on the IPad plan

Note the rate for to data is 0.8138c MByte

Now look at the charge rate for account ... 5,656,076 Kbytes for a charge of $80.91

or $1.40 a MB

so why the difference please...

Your help desk says it correct but your billing system does not add up ..

Also note that the balance page does not have a date on it but it does refer to end of current servioce being the 9 May - being 14 days so the date of the picture is 25 April ...

Telsra help desk says its not a problem !!!! eh!

something in your billing information is wrong...!

Jeremy

<Image removed to secure your personal information>

Account details

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Prepaid - incorrect charging rate to waht is on the accounts front page

Have you taken the sim card out of an iPad, or done a recent recharge/credit me2u?
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Jemfields1

Data rates can differ depending on your plan, the amount you last recharged and any promotions running at the time of your recharge.
Please note that no one in CrowdSupport has access to your account details to confirm what the data rate should be, or to verify which prepaid offer you have active on your account.

You would need to follow this up with the Prepaid Team, and you can do this via Live Chat.

From there, they can raise a charging investigation for you to ensure that everything is in order.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Jemfields1

I understand that the rate can change -

But note in the attached balance the rate is 0.83  ...

The issue is your are advising one rate on a nbill and charging another ...

The rates have not changed between the dates .. The web pages from teltra accounts web are on the same day and time ...

The attached is dsaying both the amount of data and rate ... niether are correct when billijng on the same day and time ...

Jeremy

<Image removed to secure your personal information>

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks @Jemfields1 We've again removed the image to protect your privacy.

Please note that this is a public forum and we don't allow posts that contain your personal or account details.

The questions you're asking are account related, and we'd recommend speaking to the Team directly via the Live Chat link provided so this can be looked into in more detail

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Jemfields1

If you remove the image then the evidence of the advertised rate is excluded from the discussion

Also please note my Privacy has been used as a reason to remove the evidence ...

Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 8.13.51 am.png

However you are claiming my privacy is an overiding issue even though my permission todisplay has been granted ...

The main issue is that this page displays a rate that you are not then applying

Jeremy

Please note the rate is included again without the account number or phone number 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thank you @Jemfields1, though this does not remove the fact that we don't have access to your account details here, posted or otherwise.

We have an obligation to our customers privacy, and it is not out intent to "remove evidence", nor am I disputing the evidence you have provided.

I have, however, recommended that an investigation is required to see what happened, and this can only be done by contacting the teams directly.

CrowdSupport is a "crowd" forum and is not a way to report faults with your account if they exist.

Please contact the team directly to have the problem investigated in more detail.

Jemfields1

The issue is not about the plan or adding credit ...

On one page of the m.telstra.com - Balance page it shows the CURRENT charging rate - see the picture above 0.83...

On accounts page is shows the data session costs ... as above ..

The data session costs for the same day as the balance page is printed - are different - when no deposits where made to the account ...

Telstra has charge approx 75 % more than the balance page displays as the charging rate ...

I would suggest there is a problem !!!!

Jeremy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit