Highlighted
Gmoney75
Level 1: Cadet

Price increase without notice

Answered

I just noticed my monthly broadband bill increased at the end of a 2 year contract. I was not provided any notice of this increase but found they did it two months ago. Does anyone know if they are required to provide written advice of any increases?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Price increase without notice

It would depend on what the increase is for. If it is because a discount expired at the end of your contract term, then no notice would be required as it would be part of your plan terms when you signed up.

If it is because an Entertainment product such as Foxtel increased in price (normally during your contract term, but doesn't get applied until the contract term expires because the price is fixed for the duration of the contract term), then you may very well have received the notification months ago and forgotten about it.

If the base cost of your plan has increased, then you should receive notice of the pending increase at least 1 month prior to the increase being applied.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

What part actually increased? If you're out of contract, there may have been a part of your plan the expired resulting in increased costs
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Accepted Solution

It would depend on what the increase is for. If it is because a discount expired at the end of your contract term, then no notice would be required as it would be part of your plan terms when you signed up.

If it is because an Entertainment product such as Foxtel increased in price (normally during your contract term, but doesn't get applied until the contract term expires because the price is fixed for the duration of the contract term), then you may very well have received the notification months ago and forgotten about it.

If the base cost of your plan has increased, then you should receive notice of the pending increase at least 1 month prior to the increase being applied.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Gmoney75

It was the basic cost. My plan expired however was given no notice that the plan was expiring or that the costs would increase. They applied a $10 discount because they signed me up to a bundle incorrectly (I didn't need a home phone and haven't used it). They gave me the discount rather than cancel the plan.
Gmoney75

The discount was applied after I was put on the plan and I was not advised at the time the discount would expire.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update, Gmoney75. As mentioned by Jupiter above, it sounds as though this discount credit has been removed due to reaching the end of your contract. As this isn't a change to the base price of the plan in question, advance notification may not have been sent for this removal.

While we're not able to access accounts via posts on these forums, our teams on 13 22 00 or via the online chat service at  https://tel.st/np4m3 can look into the account and discuss any offers available for you and ensure you're subscribed to the best value plan for your usage needs. Greg

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now