CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
a58745
Level 1: Cadet

Product change changed since I ordered it to the first bill

Answered

I've signed up for "Home Internet Connect Plus" at $80/mth.

My first account says:

Home Internet connect Plus is $90 per month

is called a "bundle"

for which I get a bundle discount of $10.

No details on if the bundle discount is a one off or every month. Regardless however, my order says $80/mth and my bill says $90 per month. I don't see any notification or update to say the service charge has changed.

What has happened here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Product change changed since I ordered it to the first bill

Bundle discounts are monthly and last, at the very least, for the 24 month contract (after the 24 months it may get removed, depends on the plan details).

The bills breaks the order down whereas the order just totals it. Both come out to $80

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

Bundle discounts are monthly and last, at the very least, for the 24 month contract (after the 24 months it may get removed, depends on the plan details).

The bills breaks the order down whereas the order just totals it. Both come out to $80

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

View solution in original post

a58745
Level 1: Cadet

I would have thought a detail like this would make it into the Critical Information Summary. Seriously I wouldn't have taken the package if I'd known, it strikes me as an easy way to increase the charges by dropping the discount. I can hear the rep now, "but Sir, you're already paying $90 per month".

The CIS always reflects the standard price and inclusions. Any promotions such as discounts or additional bonuses are applied to the account but as they are not a part of the core plan they aren’t in the CIS.

You should get an email or two and potentially a call a month or two before any bonuses or discounts are due to expire to let you know, I haven’t come across it just dropping off before.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now