jhwiz
Level 2: Rookie

Quarterly to Monthly billing

Answered

After transitioning to nbn and going from quarterly to monthly bills, is it possible to revert back to being billed quarterly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Quarterly to Monthly billing

@jhwiz wrote:

After transitioning to nbn and going from quarterly to monthly bills, is it possible to revert back to being billed quarterly?

@jhwiz This has been answered recently by @DanK in the following post.

Thanks for your suggestion, regrettably, this is not something we will be able to implement right now.

As others have mentioned quarterly was available for customers who had a home phone only, add an additional service and the option was no longer available. Originally this was due to these plans have hard limits and additional charges, which could cause significant difficulty if not addressed quickly. Plans have since moved on to offering such large inclusions and having soft limits (eg. where speeds slow down) rather than charging for additional usage so that is not as relevant now as it was then.

There is a lot of discussion both internally and externally about our plans and services at present, all centred around the Telstra T22 strategy. While I can't rule out the possibility of us offering additional billing options but discussions at that level are not something I am not privy to. I will share feedback with the relevant internal teams though so it can be on their radar.

I haven't seen or heard any updates since then.

Go Tiges!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Quarterly to Monthly billing

@jhwiz wrote:

@jhwiz This has been answered recently by @DanK in the following post.

Thanks for your suggestion, regrettably, this is not something we will be able to implement right now.

As others have mentioned quarterly was available for customers who had a home phone only, add an additional service and the option was no longer available. Originally this was due to these plans have hard limits and additional charges, which could cause significant difficulty if not addressed quickly. Plans have since moved on to offering such large inclusions and having soft limits (eg. where speeds slow down) rather than charging for additional usage so that is not as relevant now as it was then.

There is a lot of discussion both internally and externally about our plans and services at present, all centred around the Telstra T22 strategy. While I can't rule out the possibility of us offering additional billing options but discussions at that level are not something I am not privy to. I will share feedback with the relevant internal teams though so it can be on their radar.

I haven't seen or heard any updates since then.

Go Tiges!

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now