CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Query and Thank you - Bill charges and emailing the bill

Howdy,

Recently I recieved a letter (dated 23/08/2012)  with an apology as I had been incorrectly charged for a Mobile Value Pack and the letter detailed a refund owing to me (I don't have a mobile phone with Telstra currently so its understandable this was corrected).

I then checked my previous bills and noted that I was also being charged for $9.95 a month for Bigpond Internet security for nearly a year.

I called on 03/09/2012 @ 5.02pm, was not on hold for long and the Customer Service Officer not only assisted me, but was also clear and concise. After some discussion, the Customer Representative offered me a once off refund, given that I did not download this Internet Security myself and whilst it may have been offered to me during one of those "I'm calling on behalf of Telstra...", however, as it was not fully explained to me... I guess I need to be more direct when companies call on behalf of Telstra who review my account and try to offer discounts or other services, to instead of stating "thanks but no thanks", to give a definitive "NO!"

I do need to take ownership that I admitedly did not check my bill from front to back monthly. Basically the bill would come and I would just pay it. This situation has pulled me up on my vices of "just going along".

When I was with Telstra originally I was previously incorrectly charged for a rental phone that unfortunately was never resolved. I was a bit unfair holding this against Telstra for some years. As this could not be sorted previously, I did make the decision to go to another provider. I decided to come back to Telstra as they had the best internet and home bundle for a rural area at the time and I noted that their services had dramatically improved from my first stint with Telstra.

So I do owe Telstra a thank you for correcting the incorrect charges both on the Mobile Value Pack as well as the Internet Security. I know what it is like as a Customer Service Representative to be constantly given not so nice or not so constructive feedback, so I wanted to say thank you for sorting my charges out and I swear I have wiped the bad history from my mind and started afresh... which would be the fair thing to do!

QUERIES TO ASK:

1. I do want to raise an issue with regards to recieving the Telstra Bill via email. I have noted now that there have been three instances where I have not recieved the monthly bill via email, (which I was informed would be more timely and accurate as apposed to the bill being mailed) then as time lapses, I unfortunately get stung with the $15 late fee. Is this a regular occurence for the bill to be late or not come through via email?

2. How can we find out what our credit rating is with Telstra? Given the couple of late fees that I have been charged, I am concerned that this may have an affect on my Credit rating.

Once again, thanks Telstra for your assistance and I am happy with the services provided! Smiley Happy

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Query and Thank you - Bill charges and emailing the bill

Hi Peteyskeets,

Thanks for your post regarding your email bills.

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport Smiley Happy Please stick around and offer any expertise you may have in the range of topics we have here in our Community.

Secondly, I'd like to thank you for your feedback and I'm glad that the Mobile Value Pack and BigPond Security charges have now been refunded to you. I'm also glad that you are now happy with the services provided to you Smiley Happy

Now to answer both the queires you've raised:

1) It's not normal occurence for email bills at all to be late or not received unless the email we have for you is incorrect or your email service has diverted the email straight to your junk or spam email box if you've not added the recepient to your safe sender's list. So please check this.

2) Being late on making payment of your bills does not automatically affect your credit rating. It's only when your account are either referred to a debt recovery agency if you've not paid at all for a long time that your credit rating maybe affected.

I hope that I've offered some clarification here for you and feel free to respond if there are anything else you'd like covered. Thank you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Have called Telstra many times and they promised to email me my bill with details as I am not going to pay a bill of $939 without seeing the details.... Still no bill recieved and now bill is overdue, NOT paying overdue fee,.tesltra, ring me back, so frustrating
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey LCamm,

Not the feedback that we like to hear and I am sorry that this copy of the invoice has not been sent to you as yet Smiley Sad 

I have sent you a PM with a link to our secure form to have your details sent in allowing us to have this invoice provided to you. Once the form is completed please reply to the PM with the reference number provided so I can have this assigned and actioned asap for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit