CrowdSupport®
Thalish
Level 1: Cadet

Query regarding payment plans

If I buy a cell phone from Telstra can I close my payment dues before the  24 month period?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Query regarding payment plans

@Thalish Interesting question, I'm not sure myself.

Its interesting in that if you left you would have to pay what was owed, which is what you want to do anyway. But staying I would've though any extra payments you make would just be added as credit to your account.

I'll watch the answers with interest :-)

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Query regarding payment plans

Hey Thalish, welcome to CrowdSupport.

On our new plans, there's no lock in period for the service, just the handset. If you leave Telstra, you'll pay out what is owing on the handset. You'll also forfeit any monthly contribution Telstra was making to the cost of the phone for the number of months remaining in the contract.

If you make payments in advance, they sit in credit over the whole account, and new charges will be deducted from the credit amount. Any amount paid in advance wouldn't be attributed toward the handset specifically until the repayment for the handset is cancelled, resulting in a lump sum, or the service is ported to another provider, also resulting a lump sum.

Hope this helps.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now