Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Late Payment Fees

Where is the compassion for their customers, obviously if people are paying their account a few days late there must be a reason.

Commercial enterprise is not in the business of charity. If your bills are causing financial hardship, you should contact your service provider, plead your case, and hopefully work out an agreed payment plan so that your credit history does not get tarnished and your services do not get disconnected for non-payment. Expecting that your creditors will be forbearing and accommodating by default, in the absence of your actively seeking agreed extensions of payment terms with them, is folly and to your detriment.

I for one will be deducting the $15 from my account and not paying it.

It's your call, but you ought to understand that you do so at your own risk. The law certainly does not give you any entitlement to unilaterally decide whether a fee is payable, irrespective of your personal circumstances.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now