CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Clwyd
Level 4: Private Eye

Recent Telstra outage

Answered

For nearly five days I was unable to connect to the Internet.  Four Telstra reps were spoken to during that time BUT this morning a delightful, persistent young woman (hope it is okay to mention her name?) Inha went through every troubleshooting possibility, determined to get me reconnected.  Inha deserves a huge thank you and Telstra needs to acknowledge her attention to detail.  The other reps could only tell that the outage continued for an indefinite time.  🌟🌟🙌

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Clwyd
Accepted Solution

Re: Recent Telstra outage

Again, Inha was supportive of my need to get online and proved her worth to the organisation. Heart

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
FRUSTRATED007
Level 1: Cadet

Which number did you call?

I cannot get through on the 133933 number.

Clwyd

Total length of call to Telstra about 2.5 hours, at least an hour and a half waiting to speak with a human and the rest of the time attempting and eventually resetting modem and hey presto connected again. 

Yes, 133933 was the number and much patience required waiting. Over the five days, ~ 7 hours at least on the phone, not always speaking to a person but in the long run, worth it.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Clwyd glad to hear that Inha has been so helpful and apologies for the recent difficulty.

@FRUSTRATED007 have you tried these steps?

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Internet-KB/Step-by-step-guide-to-reconnecting-Telstr...

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Clwyd
Accepted Solution

Again, Inha was supportive of my need to get online and proved her worth to the organisation. Heart

BarryEM
Level 1: Cadet

I have rea the comments from a lot of people and agree with their sentiments.  I too thought it was my system and after following the Telstra troubleshoot procedure even to deleting my account I find that i was not the problem and then had to wait until it was fixed to get back in.  I also updated another account on an ipad and suddenly found that I had recived over 4000 new emails that had been deleted in the old pops system but now reappeared.  If i delete an email it is obvious that it is not gone finished but stored for some other use - this must be a privacy issue/problem surely.  What happens on the iMAP system are our deleted emails again being stored for someones future use?

Level 21: Augmented

Usually withh POP3, your mail on server is deleted once downloaded. Some mailservers this feature can be changed.

Nt sure why there would be that many emails, as your email account allowance is normally only 10GB.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now