Highlighted
FredGunn
Level 4: Private Eye

Recurrent Billing Error - Please Help

Answered

Hi, I have a billing error which is occurring consecutively for the past 3 or 4 months. Each time, I have to connect to 24/7 Chat to get it reversed/credited. Each time they have promised that the error would not recur but that has not been the case. I have wasted a lot of hours waiting and explaining. Could a Community Manager or Moderator here help me sort out this matter once and for all?

I have been on the $88 "Telstra Complete Home Saver 500GB Bundle" for many years. Recently I purchased the new Gateway Max for 216 from Chat 24/7 and self installed it. I made it abundantly clear I did not want to change my 30MB/s bundle and they said it was perfectly alright. All this is documented/recorded.

After that, my billing nightmare started. What happens is that each month, on my online bill, I am billed for 2 bundles. How on earth can one household on one connection be billed for two bundles? Please see excerpts of the bill as per below:

"Telstra Complete Home Saver 500GB Bundle $88.00
Services included in your Bundle
3 Telephone 
Additional Charges for your Bundle
Local 6 Calls $1.80
Telstra Mobiles 3 Calls $4.35
$94.15"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"BigPond® Broadband 500GB Fast - Cable
BigPond® Broadband 500GB $99.95
BigPond® Usage 215,269 MB $0.00
BigPond® Unmetered Usage 2,208 MB $0.00
$99.95"

The last chat person said it was as simple as getting the bundles team to delete one of the two bundles from the system. If it is that simple why has this error recurred for so many months? I really do hope a Community Manager can help me out here. It is exasperating to say the least.

Regards

Fred

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Recurrent Billing Error - Please Help

Hey Fred,

I'm sorry for the delays in getting back to you in relation to your escalation and have replied to your PM this evening. As advised I will have further followup provided to you by the end of my shift on the 11/10/2015. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Support Team
Support Team

Hey FredGunn,

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy 

I can appreciate your frustrations with the billing issues that you have been experiencing since the upgrade was completed and I will be more than happy to have this resolved further for you. I will have a PM sent on through to you so that we can have this taken offline and resolved further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

FredGunn

Hi Dingo

I've just PMed you to follow up on the billing issue. Hope it's resolved by now.

Rgds

Fred

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Fred,

Dingo is in our overnight shift so he will see your PM when he gets in next.
-Ern

FredGunn

Hi Ern

I have PMed Dingo twice since Thurs but have not had a reply from him yet. I'm just wondering if the double billing issue has been resolved. It now appears that Telstra has recontracted my bundle on another 2-year term and I'm not aware of the reasons for that.

Rgds

Fred

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hey Fred,

I'm sorry for the delays in getting back to you in relation to your escalation and have replied to your PM this evening. As advised I will have further followup provided to you by the end of my shift on the 11/10/2015. 

FredGunn

Thanks Dingo for your patience and perseverance in helping to resolve this double-billing issue that I have had for the past six months. It was most unfortunate that it had to happen but all the same I am well pleased that it now appears to have been laid to rest with a fair degree of certainty.

As an aside, it might, en passant, be expedient for me to suggest that Telstra - being a services company - ought perhaps to divert a little bit more of its huge resources towards "crowdsupport" as a modus operandi for resolving customer and customer-related issues. The support that the company has given to "24x7 chat" is somewhat overreaching given the vague and uncertain potential of the latter in fulfilling the same functions.

Best regards

Fred Gunn

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now