Glenman
Level 1: Cadet

Refund

Hi, I have attached an email from Telstra stating you owe me a refund of $432 and would like it transferred into my bank account ASAP...NO ifs,NO buts.I have been lied to twice in recent dealings with Telstra regarding a refund when I was verbally promised on 2 occasions that a refund would be deposited back into my bank account but never happened.If the funds are not transferred into my account by 30-08-19 I shall have no choice but to take my complaint to the telecommunications ombudsman. I’m hoping you can resolve this issue asap. 

Cheers - Glen Hughes 

<removed for your privacy>

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Refund

Please remove your personal details as Crowd Support is a public forum.

You will need to contact Telstra customer support regarding your issues as Crowd Support is not an official customer service channel for Telstra, and we are mainly customers assisting other customers.  No one here has account access,

Best wishes

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Caroline12
Level 5: Eagle Eye

This is  scam isn't it? I received one the other day and reported it as phishing, but it's scary they had my name and account number

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Telstra is refunding a lot off customers who were charged for excess usage on there mobile because they were not notified that they had reached there data limit or had not been notified when they exceeded 50% and 90% usage.

If you have had to pay for excess data usage the email could be true. Don't click on any links in the email but you can verify if you have received a credit by ringing 13220 and ask for billing or checking your account online.

Highlighted
Caroline12
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Thanks for your reply it certainly didn;t look legitimate with no telstra contact details etc down the bottom of email, there;s no credit on my account

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now