Highlighted
Big_Ugly
Level 1: Cadet

Sales enquiry....

Answered

G'day,

I've been round and round the Telstra/Bigpond sites and cannot find an email address for sales.

I'd like to address some questions to sales wrt churning my adsl 2+ service to Telstra along with my mobile phones but can only find phone numbers. I'd prefer to use a written form of interaction due to hearing difficulties and to avoid all the usual, "Pardon? Could you repeat that please? I can't hear you..... etc, etc"

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution

Re: Sales enquiry....

Hi Big_Ugly and welcome to CrowdSupport

Here is a link to the contact (email) details for Telstra however it can take up to 2 business days for them to respond:

http://www.telstra.com.au/abouttelstra/contact-us/

Alternatively you can try Live Chat 

Hope this helps  Smiley Happy 

Deanna 

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Live chat is an online chat session with a Telstra rep in your browser. Perfect for customers who are hearing or speech impaired but don't want to have the painfully slow back and forth of using the relay service.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Accepted Solution

Hi Big_Ugly and welcome to CrowdSupport

Here is a link to the contact (email) details for Telstra however it can take up to 2 business days for them to respond:

http://www.telstra.com.au/abouttelstra/contact-us/

Alternatively you can try Live Chat 

Hope this helps  Smiley Happy 

Deanna 

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Live chat is great for this sort of thing. It's a straight-forward enquiry and you'll get your answers. It also offers the ability to save the chat for future reference so you know exactly what was offered/accepted.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Big_Ugly

Thank you Deanna and Kalak for you replies.

Live chat, is that not a voice thingy? Something I'm trying to avoid?

I'll try the email solution first and see what happens Smiley Happy

Many thanks to both.

Accepted Solution

Live chat is an online chat session with a Telstra rep in your browser. Perfect for customers who are hearing or speech impaired but don't want to have the painfully slow back and forth of using the relay service.

Big_Ugly

email solution seemed to hiccup, I filled out the required bits and when I hit the next button the fields went blank again, don't know whether the message was sent or not. Now trying the Live chat option.

For the life of me, I don't know what's wrong with simply having an email address like sales@bigpond.com?

Anyway, got onto Live Chat, unfortunately they couldn't help, consultant had no authority to negotiate.

Thank you all.

Sales reps (either email, live chat or on the phone) generally have little to no power to negotiate. Telstra have documented plans/offers available to all.

The only more generally available way to get a 'better deal' is through their outbound sales channels. So door-to-door sales and outbound call centres contracted by Telstra are often able to offer small welcome credits and small monthly discounts on certain bundle deals. However you have to be lucky enough to be contacted by them.

Big_Ugly

Re: Sales enquiry.... Consultant nearly fainted...

Yes Kalak,

The poor bugger nearly fainted when I told of our current mobile phones plans, lol.

3 mobiles, $15/month/phone, includes $440 national calls, sms & mms to landline & mobiles + $440 calls to other exetel mobiles + 1.5GB data.

Best he could offer was $35 plan... Here's a transcript of that part of our conversation:

Ian

Yes, I have looked at you Liberty plans, found one that may suit us, but it is our mobile phones that worries me.

Ernest

However on the mobile phone side I don't have any plan available that would be anywhere close to that price. The lowest I could offer you would be the $35 BYO Everyday Connect which includes $300 in credit for calls and sms and 250MB.

Ernest

Yes they worry me as well Smiley Happy

Ian

Geez! over double the price!

Ernest

Cost wise it's certainly a great deal you are getting with your provider.

Ian

Indeed. Carrier = Optus, supplied via Exetel. It isn't bad. We could certainly ease into the params of the mobile plans you enunicated, but @ twice the price?

Ernest

And I'll be totally upfront that there is no way we can offer you anything close to that. 

As privately funded retirees, we can't afford a 130% price hike on the phones. The mobiles are an absolute necessity for medical reasons, I hate the darn things, but.........

Re: Sales enquiry.... Consultant nearly fainted...

Looks as though he's already offered you their 'below the line' plan (the $35 BYO). These are plans that aren't advertised but kept for situations where a customer ask for something 'cheaper' than what is on the website. They are generally by invite only.

Looks as though Exetel offer a great value plan for your situation, so while it continues to do so I suggest you stay with them.

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@Big_Ugly wrote:
For the life of me, I don't know what's wrong with simply having an email address like sales@bigpond.com?

*cough* thetelstrateam@telstra.com *cough*

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

mfwalker1
Level 2: Rookie

+1.
I want to correspond by email. Not phone, not chat.
Should be an option.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more