CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
NThappytelstra
Level 1: Cadet

Service suspended by control group

Hi,

My postpaid plan was suspended by Telstra control group when they "see" some "irregularities" in my account. Service suspended 8PM friday and I was not able to make any call and could not use my data. That means completely out of connection.

Control group demanded a lot of (refer to old threads) documents handed over to Telstra shop, I was so upset because there was no due amount to bills and I could not understand why I have been suspended.

Well, I went to Telstra shop, waited for about one hour, shop assistant contacted telstra control group. I wanted to know the reason behind the suspension, guess what, control group refused to tell me. Well, I decided to refuse to hand over my documents, mate there are other telco looking for customers. I decided to let telstra cancel my connection.

Well, my question is now, Is Telstra entitled to charge me early cancellation fee? and is Telstra will bill me for suspended service? My connection is still in suspension and I am not willing to activate it because I am feeling hurt about telstra terrible control group and its treatment for customer and unnecessary demand of documents. Telstra, I am not asking one million worth of home loan.

Why can't make you a phone call to confirm my identity before suspension? Why you suspense my phone in the middle of night and friday? So frustrated

Please help.

BD

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Service suspended by control group

Lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints and someone will be able to look in to it for you.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
NThappytelstra
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you Jupiter,
I will lodge a formal complaint if I receive bill from the day of my suspension and early termination fee. I will also lodge complaint to Ombudsman if not resolved. Do you think Telstra will take our complaint seriously? Just being curious
BD

They normally do. Just make sure you word your complaint carefully so that it is easily understood and preferably include a timeline of what occurred (in dot point) with nothing but the actions that occurred (no extra commentary on it).

If you add commentary, it can confuse the situation.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now