Highlighted
Filmac
Level 1: Cadet

Services Suspended, everything, is there anyone at Telstra who doesn't follow a script?

Answered

Hi all,

Mine is a tale of woe!

I moved out of the house I had shared for so long with my now ex-partner into a Holiday apartment on the beach, I was told it was a long term rental and wouldn’t be going on the holiday market, they lied. I had transferred my Telstra Bundle and mobile here, excellent service from a guy in Brisbane, God I wish I could find his number.

At the end of November I had to find a new home and move out. I did, into a share house with another guy I had known intermittently. I transferred my Telstra Bundle and mobile here! Not a drama.

Hurt my back at work mid December, I soldiered on. Kept going to work then had a couple of days off sick, went to work and was sent home, I had developed a limp, in constant pain, looked like hell, felt the same. The leading hand took one look at me half way through a shift and sent me home. I went to the doctors the day before Xmas to get some pain relief and anti inflammatory, he gave me a referral to a physiotherapist. I spent most of Christmas and into the New Year in ‘la la land’, those drugs were real good! Tried talking with Telstra (Manilla) several times about my service and didn't seem to be able to get any where, I said I could make a $100 payment, still no to restoring the service, I gave up frustrated! So I went and bought a prepaid chip for my mobile and 4g wifi, still with Telstra.

The manager at work decided I should be on Workers Comp -- January 6 -- but as of now it hasn't been approved. I have been treated by a physio and have improved greatly, to such an extent I am hoping to have clearance on Friday to go back to work. My main problem is cash, I don't have any! Then I get a letter threatening an $1100 early termination fee, I need to speak with someone in Australia, I need help, some time, not threats and scripts!

Is there someway to just suspend the service, let me catch up on the amount that is owed, then start a fresh, rather than loading me up with charge after charge? Is there someone, somewhere deep within Telstra who has some compassion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Services Suspended, everything, is there anyone at Telstra who doesn't follow a script?

Wow reads like you've been kicked around a bit!

As you are clearly suffering financial hardship unfortunately the only way this can be resolved is to call telstra billing.. Hopefully if you call first thing in the morning the OS crew are still in bed asleep.. Do what I do, explain that you're very hard of hearing and require an Australian English speaking representative.

http://www.telstra.com.au/abouttelstra/download/document/financial-hardship-policy.pdf
http://www.telstra.com.au/abouttelstra/commitments/access-for-everyone/

I hope you get yourself sort soon!

Cheers,
Dave

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Services Suspended, everything, is there anyone at Telstra who doesn't follow a script?

Wow reads like you've been kicked around a bit!

As you are clearly suffering financial hardship unfortunately the only way this can be resolved is to call telstra billing.. Hopefully if you call first thing in the morning the OS crew are still in bed asleep.. Do what I do, explain that you're very hard of hearing and require an Australian English speaking representative.

http://www.telstra.com.au/abouttelstra/download/document/financial-hardship-policy.pdf
http://www.telstra.com.au/abouttelstra/commitments/access-for-everyone/

I hope you get yourself sort soon!

Cheers,
Dave

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now