Highlighted
screenname2016
Level 1: Cadet

Setting Up Direct Debit

Answered

HI

I received my bill for my mobile Casual $35 plan 2 days ago, and it's due early next month.

I've just set up direct debit via credit card..........will the bill I received 2 days ago be paid by direct debit?

Or cannot it not be instigated once the bill has been issued, and not start until next month?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: Setting Up Direct Debit

Hi @screenname2016,

Unfortunately, as the bill was already generated prior to the Direct Debit being set up on your account, our systems will not automatically pay any balance that is outstanding unless the bill is generated AFTER the direct debit has been set up.

I do apologise for any confusion, but please rest assured that providing all details provided are current and correct, future bills that are generated will be paid for via. the Direct Debit process.

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Bizzibody
Level 8: Inspector

To the best of my knowledge,  the direct debit has to be set up before the printed bill is issued.

Below is a link to Billing enquiries.

https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us/account-bill

Best wishes

If I have been of assistance, a Kudos would be most appreciated.
(by clicking on the dark blue star).
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hi @screenname2016,

Unfortunately, as the bill was already generated prior to the Direct Debit being set up on your account, our systems will not automatically pay any balance that is outstanding unless the bill is generated AFTER the direct debit has been set up.

I do apologise for any confusion, but please rest assured that providing all details provided are current and correct, future bills that are generated will be paid for via. the Direct Debit process.

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

screenname2016

Thanks all, I'll pay this one manually and then i guess the direct debit will kick in after that.
jalito

Hello,

I can't seem to find how to set up a direct debit.  The instructions on line say go to My Account, but then no further information.  Would you help with this please

Regards

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi jalito

Give this a shot: https://www.telstra.com.au/setupdirectdebit

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now