CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Setup up mobile phone call forwarding to australian

I am overseas with a Telstra Mobile (Vietnam) with international roaming on. I wish to setup Call Fowarding for my mobile number to an Australian landline number.

There must be magic involved. There is no clear definitive guide easily accessible on how to do this.  The closest I have found is a users post from 2013 that suggests using the format **21*(number)*10#.  When I enter the those codes, it claims to have done something rather than get error codes back, but when I do a #21#, Call forwarding is not turned on.

Can someone please provide a current, accurate, concise guide on how to setup call forwarding while overseas?

Thank you!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Setup up mobile phone call forwarding to australian

Hi pacu,

Sorry to read you've had trouble with trying to set up call forwarding, that certainly sounds frustrating.

The standard instructions are listed online here https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/mobiles-tablets/post-paid/how-do-i-set-up-call-forwardin...

I am wondering if you need to use the +61 while setting this up as you are already Overseas. 

If you have further  trouble I suggest chatting to the mobilenet tech support team on the following sceure chat link to see what they can suggest  http://tel.st/8jgx

Let me know how you get on.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit