CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
ernieB
Level 3: Gumshoe

Single Bill - Why so hard ?

Hey Telstra, Why is it so hard for me to have a single bill ?

Why cannot you just transfer my Mobile phone plan ( on the new 2000 Acct ) to my new Business Broadband account on your legacy Billig system 142 Acct No..

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Single Bill - Why so hard ?

Question - is your mobile in the new system a business service? If not, then you cannot have a consumer product on a business account. . 

In addition, considering they are working to phase out the old 10 digit system, there are very few reasons why you should be migrated back (with the exception of transferring a service from Business to consumer). 

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Level 23: Superhero

In addition to Ben_F's comments, please correct me if I am wrong, but most of the more recent consumer mobile plans are only programmed into the new billing system, so it's simply not possible to put them on the old one, even if they wanted to.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
ernieB

Hi Ben, I'm told it is marked as a business mobile, but they also tell me they cannot transfer it as the Freedom connect plan is not transferable to the flexcab system.
Ben_F

@ernieB wrote:
Hi Ben, I'm told it is marked as a business mobile, but they also tell me they cannot transfer it as the Freedom connect plan is not transferable to the flexcab system.

Freedom connect is not a business product, and therefore cannot be put into a business account. 

Its actually MICA that doesn't support Freedom Connect  MICA feeds into Flexcab for mobile services, and that's unlikely to change. 

You need a business plan to be out onto a business account.  

New Users - Click Here!

ernieB

Thanks Ben, I guess that says it all, if Telstra are going to run two billing sysrems, then they should note promote the "single bill concept" as some of their staff are not aware of this problem.
Ben_F

@ernieB wrote:
Thanks Ben, I guess that says it all, if Telstra are going to run two billing sysrems, then they should note promote the "single bill concept" as some of their staff are not aware of this problem.

Single Bill is real. You can have multiple eligible products on the one account. 

You cannot have a business product and a consumer product on the same account, as they don't have the same legal lessee (one should be a sole trader/company with an ABN, the other is you as a legal entity without an ABN).

that and when you call for help it's a nightmare, as there isn't anyone who deals with "business products on consumer account" or "consumer products on business account"

New Users - Click Here!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now