CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
mark1987
Level 3: Gumshoe

Stand over tactics and incompetent service provided by Telstra

Answered

I have just sent a complaint to Telstra and would like others to see, so I am copying and pasting here.....please bear in mind that it may appear disjointed as I am at the moment so angry!

 

Unbelievable! You are a joke! I had cable with your mob, I was told when I initially signed up with your company that if I move to another premises and I don’t have cable that I can cancel my service and not incur fee.

I moved to new premises in the same building and did not have cable so had to change to Adsl. I asked to cancel as though I was just changing service I was forced to start a new 24 month contract, but due to your standover tactics and the threat of a $300 cancellation fee I reluctantly decided to continue with your rude service. Then had major dramas connecting due to Telstra incompetence and was even promised on the phone that due to all the inconvenience that I would have a discount on my next bill. The service provided was a nightmare I was talking to three different call centres Philippines, Adelaide and Brisbane……the only ones that knew type of what they were talking about was Brisbane. Philippines was helpful and in the end (after a week managed to pinpoint the connection problem....Adelaide suggested that I was lazy and not doing enough to resolve the problem (which in the end needed a Telstra technician to fix). Took over a week to resolve but this was due to taking time off work and being on the phone constantly to Telstra(of course you don’t compensate for my time off work though it was your fault. Brisbane customer service(Trish i think was great ...and assured me that I would not be charged cancellation fee and would receive a discount....sorry Trish you were wrong)

 

Imagine the amazement I get when I open my bill this morning and I am being charged a cancellation fee, of over $300 even though  I was told by your mob that even if I did cancel the service I would not be charged....and now I have not cancelled and you are still charging me a cancellation fee!

 

Please adjust my bill and send new one without cancellation fee and a substantial discount to reflect the inconvenience that you have put me through. Normally I am not someone who makes waves but if this is not resolved to my satisfaction I am going to the media as this is really amazing and I want people to hear about your stand over tactics and fraudulent ways!

 

As I have said above.... I never complain but in this case I am going to take this as high as possible if Telstra does not resolve this to my satisfaction as I have had enough of big companies trying to rip off poor people and relying on the fact that we are too intimidated to fight them. When I am trying to resolve a  problem why should I continue to get different call centres each time I call? Why is it that when I call each agent tells me a different story....basically they had not idea of what they were talking about. Thank you Telstra

 

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mark1987
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Re: Stand over tactics and incompetent service provided by Telstra


@Drat wrote:

 So, what right do you think you have for moral or practical support from us?

 


 

....." long sigh" Actually when I originally wrote the post I never mentioned once that I required moral support, this was merely a forum to vent my frustrations, which I have the right to do. The fact that I have been provided both moral and practical support(from the crowd) seems to suggest that I took the right course of action.

 

Thankyou to DanK for the quick response(still no word from Telstra regarding my official complaint), and thankyou to those who did provide moral support(you risked castigation but were still brave enough to provide it)!

 

And thankyou to those with mysterious agendas....you provided humorous and convoluted replies.....and yes BenF I do admit that inbetween some of the reprimands there did exist snippets of assistance!Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

  • Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Stand over tactics and incompetent service provided by Telstra

Reads like you've had yourself a really terrible time.. I personally can't help but would like to add... I assume you recorded any case numbers in your email ect as posting that here and email support without it means nothing more than a winge.

 

I do hope you ge it all resolved! Not a very nice Chissy Prezzy!


Cheers,
Dave

Joshua
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Re: Stand over tactics and incompetent service provided by Telstra

Mark. more of the same carry over from 2012. I'm wondering if Telstra management made any New Year resolutions, like; 'This is the year we lift our game'; 'The is the year that Telstra re invents itself'; 'This is the year that we take on board staff who can do their respective jobs properly', but that would be too much to hope for.

 

I'd be asking for transcripts of the notes from your file, IF THEY EXIST, half the time the so called notes on file or recordings mysteriously dissapear, which would support your cause with ACC or the TIO.

 

Yours is not a unique case, you only have to look at Telstras facebook pages and up and down the various forums here which are loaded with the same sort of disgusting stuff ups.

 

I wish you luck in getting this sorted, but thats always the rub, Telstra seem experts at getting it wrong, but it's then the customer who has to do all the hard yards to try and get a fix. Shocking.

 

 

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Stand over tactics and incompetent service provided by Telstra


@Joshua wrote:

Mark. more of the same carry over from 2012. I'm wondering if Telstra management made any New Year resolutions, like; 'This is the year we lift our game'; 'The is the year that Telstra re invents itself'; 'This is the year that we take on board staff who can do their respective jobs properly', but that would be too much to hope for.


Part of me hopes that people who are critical of Telstra for no good reason, and who add no value to CrowdSupport, have made a new years resolution to, instead of bashing the company that they likely acquire services from, look at some of the positive changes Telstra has made to retain existing customers and acquire new customers.

 

I also hope that someone reads the figures such as the annual report, listed on the ASX, which show that Telstra is attracting and retaining customers, increasing customer satisfaction, and reducing complaints that need to be escalated.

----------------------------


New Users - Click Here!

Joshua
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Re: Stand over tactics and incompetent service provided by Telstra


@Ben_F wrote:

Part of me hopes that people who are critical of Telstra for no good reason, and who add no value to CrowdSupport, have made a new years resolution to, instead of bashing the company that they likely acquire services from, look at some of the positive changes Telstra has made to retain existing customers and acquire new customers.

 

I also hope that someone reads the figures such as the annual report, listed on the ASX, which show that Telstra is attracting and retaining customers, increasing customer satisfaction, and reducing complaints that need to be escalated.


So what you are saying is, that Mark has no reason to be critical of Telstra for yet another appaling situation, and that anyone who offers moral support should shut up. NICE.

Anyone can publish a board report and manipulate figures to suit, to convice shareholders what wonderful people management are to G & T there obsene pay packets and increases. Doesn't just happen at Telstra either.

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Stand over tactics and incompetent service provided by Telstra


@mark1987 wrote:

 

I had cable with your mob, I was told when I initially signed up with your company that if I move to another premises and I don’t have cable that I can cancel my service and not incur fee.

I moved to new premises in the same building and did not have cable so had to change to Adsl.

 


I am assuming you have this in writing or have a way to prove this, as I believe this is inconsistent with the My Offer Summary and Our Customer Terms which are the legally binding documents on your service.

 

I believe I've already discussed here  how you can be bound to a Standard Form of Agreement under the existing Telecommunications law without actually reading said contract.

 

Should you be able to prove that you were advised this, I assume that it would be fair and reasonable (and the TIO would consider it fair and reasonable) to waive the termination fees.

 


@mark1987 wrote:
Then had major dramas connecting due to Telstra incompetence and was even promised on the phone that due to all the inconvenience that I would have a discount on my next bill.

 


Again, should this be proven (100% of calls to Telstra are now recorded AFAIK) then it would be reasonable to provide any discounts offerred. If there wasn't specifics, I would see it as fair and reasonable for Telstra to reimburse the charges for the days where you didn't have service.

 


@mark1987 wrote:
The service provided was a nightmare I was talking to three different call centres Philippines, Adelaide and Brisbane……the only ones that knew type of what they were talking about was Brisbane. Philippines was helpful and in the end (after a week managed to pinpoint the connection problem....Adelaide suggested that I was lazy and not doing enough to resolve the problem (which in the end needed a Telstra technician to fix).


Considering the Moderators of this forum generally work very closely with the Adelaide Contact Centre (Social Media is run from Adelaide) I assume they would be interested to provide coaching and development to the individuals in question.

 


@mark1987 wrote:
Took over a week to resolve but this was due to taking time off work and being on the phone constantly to Telstra(of course you don’t compensate for my time off work though it was your fault. Brisbane customer service(Trish i think was great ...and assured me that I would not be charged cancellation fee and would receive a discount....sorry Trish you were wrong)

 


You haven't rendered any services to Telstra, and as a residential grade ADSL service with no SLA why do you think you should be compensated? Your service is provided on a "best efforts" basis, and is not subject to promises related to uptime.

 

If the service was purchased for business use (and was a business service covered by business SLAs) you may be able to request compensation for reasonable loss of income.

 

The TIO considers the time taken to resolve a complaint to be a commerical transaction, and therefore does not generally  award compensation for time spent investigating an issue.

 


@mark1987 wrote:

 

Imagine the amazement I get when I open my bill this morning and I am being charged a cancellation fee, of over $300 even though  I was told by your mob that even if I did cancel the service I would not be charged....and now I have not cancelled and you are still charging me a cancellation fee


Have you attempted a civil conversation with LiveChat or Customer Service (13 22 00 and say "Complaints") so that they can review the notes, waive the charges (if it is clear that it was agreed to) or escalate the matter to a Case Manager for complaint resolution?

 


@mark1987 wrote:

Please adjust my bill and send new one without cancellation fee and a substantial discount to reflect the inconvenience that you have put me through.


I suggest, if you are going to take the issue further, that you review the TIO's position statement on Compensation and the TIO. If you were to escalate the issue to the TIO, they would refer you to these parts:

The TIO does not award compensation for the effects of a complaint event on the psychological/emotional
state of a complainant. Claims for injury to feelings include claims for trauma, mental distress, pain and
suffering, humiliation, and loss of reputation.

 

The TIO does not award punitive/exemplary damages because the TIO’s primary function is to resolve disputes informally.

 

As an industry-based dispute resolution scheme that does not charge for its services, the TIO expects
complainants to actively participate in the resolution of their complaints. This participation extends to
accepting reasonable costs associated with presenting a complaint.

 


In addition, Telstra cannot issue a "modified" tax invoice, should you be sucessful in receiving a waiver or refund of the cancellation charge you should be able to obtain the resolution in writing, and see a credit on your next invoice. You should also not be required to pay disputed charges.

 

Summary

In Summary, I personally suggest you should:

- Contact Telstra on 13 22 00 and say "Complaints" during business hours, and work with the consultant to fix the issues at hand. Being nice to people will get you places

- If you don't receive the satisfaction you want, advise the consultant respectfully of this, and request the matter be escalated. You should be provided with an "SR" number which is a record of your complaint

- If you don't feel your complaint has been adequately addressed, and you have given Telstra a reasonable timeframe to resolve (this is about 5 to 10 days), you can then escalate your complaint to the TIO (www.tio.com.au). You can go to the TIO at any stage, however they exist as an office of last resort and you should attempt to resolve the issue with your service provider before escalating.

 

If what you are saying is correct, there have been heaps of customer service issues that Telstra should look at here to improve its service (and I know that Executive Management do read these forums, even if they don't publicly acknowledge and "speak up"). I don't, however, believe you are entitled to compensation, and neither does the Industry Ombudsman.

 

B.

 

----------------------------


New Users - Click Here!

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Stand over tactics and incompetent service provided by Telstra


@Joshua wrote:
So what you are saying is, that Mark has no reason to be critical of Telstra for yet another appaling situation, and that anyone who offers moral support should shut up. NICE.

Read my most recent reply. I clearly indicate there is room for improvement here.

 

I think there is a fine line between moral support and using the OP's unfortuante situation to push your own agenda in which you have alleged here (by implication) that Telstra has broken the law, industry codes, or that it seeks to deliberately cause pain and suffering to its customers, without a scrap of evide.



@Joshua wrote:

Anyone can publish a board report and manipulate figures to suit, to convice shareholders what wonderful people management are to G & T there obsene pay packets and increases. Doesn't just happen at Telstra either.


I trust that you are not alleging that Telstra is engaging in conduct which could be against the ASX rules and the law (by issuing information they know to be false), or if you are that you have substancial evidence to prove your claim.


B.

----------------------------


New Users - Click Here!

mark1987
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Stand over tactics and incompetent service provided by Telstra

Drat wrote:    You simply misinterpreted the ‘support’ part of the Crowd Support as moral support. This site is for crowd-sourcing technical and operational support based on sharing information and knowledge which, while known to some of the community members, aren't always apparent or readily findable by everyone. This is not Aggrieved Telstra Customers Anonymous, and we're not here to help you feel heard; you need friends for that, and not the faceless (but collectively knowledgeable) crowd.

 

 

No actually we need knowledgeable support from someone in Telstra which is sadly lacking and excuse me for not following the correct protocol and posting in the correct area but as this is in the general category…….

“Telstra's online community, 24x7. Join us to get support and advice about products and services, discuss the latest products and share your knowledge.” And unless otherwise specifically stated....yes this forum is for the general public to be heard, and I would hope that Telstra staff might be more knowledgeable than friends........

 

Ben F wrote:

I am assuming you have this in writing or have a way to prove this, as I believe this is inconsistent with the My Offer Summary and Our Customer Terms which are the legally binding documents on your service. I believe I've already discussed here  how you can be bound to a Standard Form of Agreement under the existing Telecommunications law without actually reading said contract. Should you be able to prove that you were advised this, I assume that it would be fair and reasonable (and the TIO would consider it fair and reasonable) to waive the termination fees.

 

When I first signed up at Telstra Broadway I was informed verbally that if I moved and had no access to cable I could cancel the contract without incurring a fee. This was also confirmed by the customer service agent I spoke to in Brisbane. I am guessing that as you are saying that I require proof of this in writing that you are inferring that whatever someone is told by a Telstra employee cannot be taken in good faith. That’s a good start to customer service.

 

 

Ben F wrote: Have you attempted a civil conversation with LiveChat or Customer Service (13 22 00 and say "Complaints") so that they can review the notes, waive the charges (if it is clear that it was agreed to) or escalate the matter to a Case Manager for complaint resolution?

 

Resent the insinuation that I have not been civil, when in fact I have been very civil throughout this. Maybe you should be approaching the Adelaide staff member who after I had been on the phone for over a day and a half with Telstra support suggested I was not doing enough to resolve the problem!

 

I resent the fact that 6 months into a cable bundle contract when I have to change to Adsl because of a home move that I have to begin an overpriced 24 month contract from the beginning and get charged a $300 cancellation fee on top of that.

 

I resent the fact that all agents that I called assumed that as I had codes attached to my line that all that was required was that I plug in my router and all will be ok…. And hence the continual lack of service; as what was really required was a technician to physically jump port into line (I certainly did not know this, but the fact that Telstra level 1 and 2 support did not know this is a worry). From my understanding codes on a line does not necessarily mean you have the service…just that the order has been placed in the Telstra database. (Drat is this discussion now technical enough to be deemed suitable for Crowd support forum)?

 

Seems like some on this forum consider complaining about Telstra a sin…..Guess what guys, as in any service industry, when you pay for a service…it is quite within my rights to expect a service, and within a reasonable time frame and if a service is not provided within a certain timeframe then it should be my right to cancel without incurring a fee. It is also expected that when you call support that they know what they are talking about too. (My apologies to the friendly and competent agents of Telstra that I have encountered).

 

 

 

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Stand over tactics and incompetent service provided by Telstra


@mark1987 wrote:

Drat wrote:    You simply misinterpreted the ‘support’ part of the Crowd Support as moral support. This site is for crowd-sourcing technical and operational support based on sharing information and knowledge which, while known to some of the community members, aren't always apparent or readily findable by everyone. This is not Aggrieved Telstra Customers Anonymous, and we're not here to help you feel heard; you need friends for that, and not the faceless (but collectively knowledgeable) crowd.

 

 

No actually we need knowledgeable support from someone in Telstra which is sadly lacking and excuse me for not following the correct protocol and posting in the correct area but as this is in the general category…….


Drat's post was intended at Joshua, you are free to post here, but please don't expect that you will receive moral support. What this community is good at doing is providing answers to commonly asked (however not easily found) answers. Furthermore, as community members (hey, I'm not even a Telstra Employee) we are unable to access your account, check your notes and perform other actions. You need to speak with an Official from Telstra to do that Smiley Happy

 


@mark1987 wrote:
yes this forum is for the general public to be heard, and I would hope that Telstra staff might be more knowledgeable than friends........

Then I shall refer you to the Community Guidelines:

Telstra CrowdSupport does not replace existing Telstra customer service or complaints resolution forums, but it is an arena for discussion and for two-way feedback. You may wish to direct any individual customer service issues or complaints to the channels listed on our contact us page.

 


CrowdSupport is not a soap box.

 


@mark1987 wrote:

 

When I first signed up at Telstra Broadway I was informed verbally that if I moved and had no access to cable I could cancel the contract without incurring a fee. This was also confirmed by the customer service agent I spoke to in Brisbane. I am guessing that as you are saying that I require proof of this in writing that you are inferring that whatever someone is told by a Telstra employee cannot be taken in good faith. That’s a good start to customer service.


What I am saying is that the statements made by those staff are inconsistent with the legally binding terms for your service, and as such, you should request a copy of these amended terms in writing (LiveChat would suffice). Telstra may, in its absolute discretion, waive the cancellation fee as a matter of policy but not as a matter of contract.


@mark1987 wrote:

 Ben F wrote: Have you attempted a civil conversation with LiveChat or Customer Service (13 22 00 and say "Complaints") so that they can review the notes, waive the charges (if it is clear that it was agreed to) or escalate the matter to a Case Manager for complaint resolution?

 

Resent the insinuation that I have not been civil, when in fact I have been very civil throughout this. Maybe you should be approaching the Adelaide staff member who after I had been on the phone for over a day and a half with Telstra support suggested I was not doing enough to resolve the problem!


Considering you started out in your complaint with an insult and a personal attack, Its a reasonable assumption that you may not have been civil. In any case, I mention it not because I'm accusing you of not being civil, but because sometimes people forget there is another person on the end of that phone.

 


@mark1987 wrote:
I resent the fact that 6 months into a cable bundle contract when I have to change to Adsl because of a home move that I have to begin an overpriced 24 month contract from the beginning and get charged a $300 cancellation fee on top of that.

I see your point of view, and if Telstra has offerred you at some point a penalty free exit, you should receive that. You aren't, however, entitled to it by contractual obligation, and therefore the offer you were made is open to interpretation.


@mark1987 wrote:

 I resent the fact that all agents that I called assumed that as I had codes attached to my line that all that was required was that I plug in my router and all will be ok…. And hence the continual lack of service; as what was really required was a technician to physically jump port into line (I certainly did not know this, but the fact that Telstra level 1 and 2 support did not know this is a worry). From my understanding codes on a line does not necessarily mean you have the service…just that the order has been placed in the Telstra database. (Drat is this discussion now technical enough to be deemed suitable for Crowd support forum)?


Codes on the line is a marker to say that the techicnal aspects of the service have been connected. Before a code is added, you should be jumpered up, configuration put onto the DSLAM etc. If you have codes, but no service, that then becomes a fault.

 

I swear that used to come up on the testing they ran (if the jumper wasn't done properly) but I could be mistaken.

 


@mark1987 wrote:
 

Seems like some on this forum consider complaining about Telstra a sin…..Guess what guys, as in any service industry, when you pay for a service…it is quite within my rights to expect a service, and within a reasonable time frame and if a service is not provided within a certain timeframe then it should be my right to cancel without incurring a fee. It is also expected that when you call support that they know what they are talking about too. (My apologies to the friendly and competent agents of Telstra that I have encountered).


You are entitled to receive what you pay for, I agree. You should read Our Customer Terms which show what Telstra promises to supply you with.

 

As for cancellation, I would refer you to the General Terms for Consumer Customers section of Our Customer Terms which clearly shows that you are entitled to cancel for Material Breach of your contract:

 

7.3 You can cancel your service at any time if:
(a) we are in material breach of Our Customer Terms (for example, because we fail to use reasonable care and skill in providing the service to you); and
(b) you have told us in writing of our material breach and we have failed to remedy it within 14 days of you telling us; or
(c) the breach is something which cannot be remedied (in which case you can terminate the service immediately by telling us).

 

We will not charge you any early termination fee if you cancel your service because of our material breach.

 

Have you tried to check with LiveChat yet to see if they can find the notes to credit the amount, instead of fighting with a faceless crowd?

 

B.

----------------------------


New Users - Click Here!

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Stand over tactics and incompetent service provided by Telstra

Hi Mark, it sounds like we have had some difficulty with your recent move.

 

Changes of technology can be a bit messy and I am sorry to hear that there was downtime whilst a technical issue was being investigated with the initial setup.

 

With regards to the cancellation fee, if a customer moves from an area and we are unable to supply the service to their new residence then our consultants do have the ability to waive the cancellation charge should the customer take up an alternative service at the new address. It is important to note that the cancellation fee will be charged regardless of the new service and then rebated back. From what you are saying, this waiver was offered to you but may not have been applied.

 

If you send me a private message with your case number and billing account number I would be happy to take a look for you. Additionally, I would be interested in providing feedback to staff that you have dealt with recently, please feel free to include this in your message.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Sparkey47
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Stand over tactics and incompetent service provided by Telstra

Good on you mate just what they need, a good shake up ,dont know how Telstra remains in business after all the bad publicity, I would be doing my best to rectify my image if I owned the business, all of their problems stem from off shore call-centres, what a dumb idea that is.

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Stand over tactics and incompetent service provided by Telstra


@Sparkey47 wrote:

Good on you mate just what they need, a good shake up ,dont know how Telstra remains in business after all the bad publicity, I would be doing my best to rectify my image if I owned the business, all of their problems stem from off shore call-centres, what a dumb idea that is.


Considering Customer Service Scores are improving, and there are less customers going to the TIO, And there are more call centre staff overseas, I dont think this is the issue Smiley Wink

 

B.

----------------------------


New Users - Click Here!

mark1987
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Stand over tactics and incompetent service provided by Telstra

Hi Sparkey47

 

and to all the others who have provided support in this matter be it moral or practical. There are some on this thread that seem to think that I had no right to moral or practical support, in fact they seem offended that I had the audacity to even to complain!

 

Thank god some level heads in Telstra stepped in to advice me that 1) I am fully entitled to make these complaints on this forum and 2) My complaint has merit and will be investigated.

 

 

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Stand over tactics and incompetent service provided by Telstra


@mark1987 wrote:

 

Thank god some level heads in Telstra stepped in to advice me that 1) I am fully entitled to make these complaints on this forum and 2) My complaint has merit and will be investigated.

 

Maybe it is in the best interests of Telstra to moderate some of the [Removed to comply with community guidelines] on these forums as they are only alienating Telstra's already frustrated paying customers!


You are entitlted to make a complaint, and you are entitled to have your complaint heard (I think I made that point clear). What you are not entitled to is insist that people agree with you every step of the way, nor are you entitled to throw personal attacks about those who don't agree with you here.

 

B.

----------------------------


New Users - Click Here!

Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Stand over tactics and incompetent service provided by Telstra


mark1987 wrote:
There are some on this thread that seem to think that I had no right to moral or practical support,

You have the right to ask for moral or practical support (on here or elsewhere), but you do not have the right to receive it from the ‘crowd’, because a right is an entitlement that some other entity chooses to grant, uphold and enforce for you – and who/what has promised to extract moral or practical support for you from the ‘crowd’? It is certainly not a condition or requirement upon signing up for a CrowdSupport account that the applicant will render moral and practical support to other users when asked. So, what right do you think you have for moral or practical support from us?


in fact they seem offended that I had the audacity to even to complain!

 

Thank god some level heads in Telstra stepped in to advice me that 1) I am fully entitled to make these complaints on this forum and 2) My complaint has merit and will be investigated.


Telstra, as the owner and operator of this web site, obviously gives you the entitlement to complain on here, just as it gives other users – including Ben – to reply as they see fit, which is not necessarily sympathetically or in agreement with you, as long as neither you nor them use offensive language, misrepresent Telstra and its products and services, or make personal attacks on each other, etc. You are not entitled to anyone's sympathy or goodwill, and remember, you are not the customer of other users who don't wear a Telstra badge on here, so don't presume you have that kind of relationship dynamic with us.


‹ quote which has since been moderated out ›

 As far as I'm concerned, this forum is not primary a relationship management instrument between Telstra and its customers, but a tool the corporation put in place such that customers can leverage their relationships with each other as peers and fellow customers/users of Telstra's products and services, and get something they're not otherwise getting from Telstra officially.

The minute Telstra states a position that the objective of CrowdSupport is to improve the corporation's relationship with its customers, I for one will withdraw, because I refuse to be Telstra's agent on here, in my own time and extra-curricular to my work duties. I want other users to become more effective users who know how to pick and choose the right products and services on offer, observing and understanding the limitations of such, and get smarter and better at achieving their desired outcomes with what they buy/have, but I'm not here to serve anyone.

 

 

Edit: Removed/replaced quote from the O.P.'s subsequent post about moderation, which has since been moderated out.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
mark1987
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Re: Stand over tactics and incompetent service provided by Telstra


@Drat wrote:

 So, what right do you think you have for moral or practical support from us?

 


 

....." long sigh" Actually when I originally wrote the post I never mentioned once that I required moral support, this was merely a forum to vent my frustrations, which I have the right to do. The fact that I have been provided both moral and practical support(from the crowd) seems to suggest that I took the right course of action.

 

Thankyou to DanK for the quick response(still no word from Telstra regarding my official complaint), and thankyou to those who did provide moral support(you risked castigation but were still brave enough to provide it)!

 

And thankyou to those with mysterious agendas....you provided humorous and convoluted replies.....and yes BenF I do admit that inbetween some of the reprimands there did exist snippets of assistance!Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

jrforbes2410
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Stand over tactics and incompetent service provided by Telstra

lol some people seem to think it's their goal to intimidate and belittle others that complain about a company the weirdly connect themselves to like a footy team Ben get a real life and stop making other people's lives stressful by having to read your dribble that makes no sence exept to your English teacher

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now