CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
FrenchieChick
Level 2: Rookie

Taking my name off a joint account

Answered

My husband and I have seperated and I want to keep the account but he wants his name removed from the account, how do we go about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Taking my name off a joint account

You are very welcome @FrenchieChick

Best option in that case is to create a new account under your name, then move the services over.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @FrenchieChick

Are you the main account holder? Does your name appear on the invoices?

If you are the main account holder then it is simple to remove his name from the account.

If his name appears on the bill then you would need to start a new account via our accounts team on 13 22 00 and have the services moved over to that new account.

Please let us know how you go.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

FrenchieChick
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks Jimmy-Lo

we are both joint account holders by the look of it as the account is issued under both names.

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

You are very welcome @FrenchieChick

Best option in that case is to create a new account under your name, then move the services over.

- Jimmy

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now