CrowdSupport®
Dasefil
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Misleading

I was on a previous contract and was paying approximately $250 per month for broadband & platinum foxtel package. Due to affordability, I wanted to reduce my costs. I was offered a new package of $90 for my telephone and $99 for foxtel platinum. I was assured everything I would pay no more than $189 ($90 +($99) Surprise Surprise, I notice Im now being charge $20 subscription fee in addition to the $90 and $99.

I was not charged an added subscription fee in my previous contract with Telstra.

I also noticed whilst going through my old telstra bills, my broadband speed went from fast to standard on my old contract without notification. The current speed cuts in and off.

About time for a government investigation into Telstra malpractice!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Dasefil
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra deceptively Overcharging

I was on a previous contract and was paying approximately $250 per month for broadband & platinum foxtel package. Due to affordability, I wanted to reduce my costs. I was offered a new package of $90 for my telephone and $99 for foxtel platinum. I was assured everything I would pay no more than $189 ($90 +($99) Surprise Surprise, I notice Im now being charge $20 subscription fee in addition to the $90 and $99.

I was not charged an added subscription fee in my previous contract with Telstra.

I also noticed whilst going through my old telstra bills, my broadband speed went from fast to standard on my old contract without notification. The current speed cuts in and off.

About time for a government investigation into Telstra malpractice!
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra Misleading

Unfortunately nobody here has access to billing information to look in to what is happening with your account.

Could not even guess what the subscription charge is for.

As far as the going from fast to stranded, that was a description change that was made some time ago and didn't actually affect speeds.

To query your bills (and to find out what the subscription charge is for), give 132200 a call or chat online via https://livechat.telstra.com

For your dropout issue, give either 1800 834 273 (NBN) or 133933 (non-NBN) a call to get it investigated.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now