CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Eman
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Third Party Purchases

Answered

This month, for the first time ever, I have received charges for Third Party Purchases on my Telstra account (related to my mobile number).

My first step was to contact Telstra on the 13 22 00 number to find out why and where these charges came from.  The customer service person told me that it was something I had subscribed to and that they only collect for the company "Netsize".  I explained to her that I hadn't subscribed to anything - never have done so - and did not want to be subscribed.  She was very courteous, patient and worked through everything with me.  She gave me a number to send an sms "STOP" to - which came back failed.  She eventually said that she would put a bar on these sort of "Premium Subscriptions" but that I also needed to call the number to tell the company to stop.  She gave me the number but when I rang it, I received a recording stating that "the number you have called is not connected, please try again".  I rang the Telstra consultant back and told her that the number was wrong, she then gave me an 1800 number to ring assuring me that this one is the correct one.  When I rang it, I received the same recording - incorrect number.

I again rang Telstra on the 13 22 00 number to try and get it sorted out.  This time I got another consultant who told me that they can do nothing about it as it is between me and the provider - Telstra merely collects the money.  I asked on whose authority?  It is my account.  How can someone else put charges on it without my permission?  Do not Telstra need to get my persmission?  I have never, ever had extra charges on my bill.  The consultant told me I need to take this up with the provider.  I tried to explain that I cannot contact the supposed provider because no one can give me a correct number.  She then told me she can ring the first number and to try again.  I did and I still got the "not connected" message.  I asked 4 different people to try - all the same thing. 

I looked the company up on the web and tried to ring the Sydney office and it just rings and drops out.  How can this be resolved?  I am going around in circles and in the meantime, it seems I am going to be charged a weekly payment for something I know nothing about and cannot stop.   I will admit I lost my patience when the Telstra lady told me to talk to my husband as he was probably getting "things" I didn't know about.  I informed her we are both in our 60's, my husband can't even switch on a computer let alone know how to get  "things".  I hung up on her.

Telstra told me to cancel my subscription for downloads.  I don't have any subscriptions, I don't download, I have never received or replied to sms from this company. 

Can someone please tell me my next step?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Third Party Purchases

Eman, very annoying, very annoying. Take a look at the following link, try filly in the form or check and see if the Australian number shown Under the button, Çall Your Local Helpdesk'is the same one you have been trying to call.

http://www.netsize.com/contact-us/#

sig

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Eman, very annoying, very annoying. Take a look at the following link, try filly in the form or check and see if the Australian number shown Under the button, Çall Your Local Helpdesk'is the same one you have been trying to call.

http://www.netsize.com/contact-us/#

sig

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Eman

Jeff

Thanks so much for the number.  I was able to speak to someone this morning and they said they would contact the company to let them know I am disputing the charges.  Apparently I signed on to these charges before I got my phone!

Anyway, the "service" as been stopped and they will contact me in a couple of days regarding the disputed charges.

Although not totally resolved, at least I have someone to take it further.

Many thanks.

SuzieMeg

Hi there

I am having the same problem with my son's phone.

It is for open markets.  19921993

My son never subscribed for it.

I have had $100 last month and $30 this month even though we did not subscribe for anything.

Can you assist at all?

cheers

Sue

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey SuzieMeg,

I can appreciate your concerns with these third party charges that have been received Smiley Sad We do have a knowledge base for ways to have these cancelled and what your further options are via:

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Billing-Payments-KB/Premium-SMS-and-Telstra-Carrier-Billing/ta...

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Niroshanap

Same here i've been charged nearly $100 every month for last 15 months and really frustrating.

More importantly Telstra never put any effort to push this back to third party companies and left us alone to fight for it.

I never had this with vodafone for last seven years...

Just raised with TIO and will see how it goes...meantime i'll havee to call the those providers to unsubscribe something which i didn't subscribe....

JamesKeohane195

I have sent the following to the Herald Sun Letters This evening. Hopefully it will be published on Monday 5/4/2016..

Having agreed to not receiving a Paper Bill from Telstra and electing instead to go online, I was looking at my phone bill and noticed under the "Charges Outside of your Plan"
3 third party purchases totalling $29.97. I looked further at the bill wondering what these charges were and there it was on page 10 of 10: "MobidolWK by Digital Turbine". What is this?
Googled MobidolWK and it turns out to be some sort of mobile phone software enhancement.
We have one Telstra Mobile phone used by my wife who knows nothing about MobidolWK or how it was subscribed too. I rang Telstra, and was told that Telstra do not charge for third
party purchases, so I suggested that I pay my bill minus $29.97. That was not acceptable by Telstra as the bill must be paid in full. Ok I then asked to be put through to the MobidolWK
section. I was told they are not a part of Telstra, you will have to ring them yourself and negotiate with them. I was given a phone number and my wife decided that she would ring.
I almost feel sorry for the call recipient but the end result was no more MobidolWK and a refund Cheque for $29.97 in the mail.
Being a retired employee of Telstra, it saddens me to see the Telstra of today. Given that the number of Telstra employee's has been halved, the fact remains that Customer service has
suffered enormously and has been replaced with customer frustration especially with the introduction of off shore call centres . The Telstra bill with its Third Party Purchases is proof
that current Telstra Management Will stoop to any level in order to sustain and raise profit margins. I would like Telstra to explain the MobidolWK issue! How Can Digital Turbine
charge for unknown and unwanted services and the fact these purchases will appear on Your Telstra bill?
Has Telstra shared its valuable but confidential customer Database with another Non Telstra company?? I think so... Shame on you Telstra shame.

James
<removed for your privacy>
PLANTER

What is the $6.60 charge for Third Party Purchases ?? I haven't purchased anything..

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Planter,

Please check out this link for more info Third Party Purchases

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now