jonathanottaway
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra never make it easy

Sunday

Contract renewal time so I live chatted with Telstra (previous week) and got my previous 200GB Ultimate (speedboost included free) plan rolled over to a 500GB one with Speedboost also included for free – as I was a "loyal customer". $113pm, happy.

First bill, speedboost charge. Suspecting this might happen I dig out the TWO live chat transcripts I have – the first with the staff member who renewed the contract and the second one I chatted with a few hours later to confirm everything. Both confirm that the plan is for $113pm with speedboost INCLUDED FREE – I made them spell it out in plain English.

So I chat again today and am told I was "misinformed" and the best they can do is speedboost free for two months. Two staff members and 1 hour of live chat later I am livid. They say in the end that they do not have to power to add speedboost free to an entire contract but do acknowledge that I was promised this, having reviewed the transcripts. So they lodge a dispute with the "complaint department" for callback.  I got an SR number.

This has echos of when I signed up two years ago when so many promises of callbacks were made that never happened and in the end it took two months to get the service active.

Tuesday

Place a call to a complaints number given to me on Whirlpool. The rep just kept repeating "speedboost is not a free feature", like a recording. Trying to explain that I was told it would be included seemed to only increase the frequency of her parroting – reading straight from a Telstra resource book. I had to email the signup transcripts – which now magically they don't have access to (they did on Sunday).

After 20 minutes of heated debate, hold music and trying to escalate the call the reps summarising statement was:

"This needs the attention of a senior complaints officer for investigation as it is a lot of work.".

All this to simply add free speedboost to an account, a documented point of sale inclusion that was not applied at the time.

I guess round 2 will start either when a) the promised "priority" callback comes in the next 24 hours (slim chance based on experience) or b) I call back frustrated Thursday.

Anyway, if a rep is out there, I have all the transcripts and reference numbers. It really is pathetic and borders on slimy bait and switch tactics – shameful for the nations biggest ISP.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
jonathanottaway

Re: Telstra never make it easy

Seems I got moved here from Home Broadband. I hope this is not where unfavorable posts about Telstra come to die...?
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi Jonathanottaway

This is definitely not the feedback that we like to hear and I am sorry that your recent experience with us has been so poor. 

As you have been assigned a Case Manager we will not intervene in their investigations however hope that this issue is quickly resolved for you. 

Kind Regards Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

jonathanottaway

Thanks for responding.  I was promised a callback today and the hour is getting late - still hopeful!

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now